June 15, 1979
Danielle Maria Bux (formerly Lineker) (born 15 June 1979 in Cardiff) is a Welsh model, television personality and actress. She made her modelling début in 1999 winning a place on the Miss Hawaiian Tropic beauty pageant in Las Vegas. She was married to former England footballer Gary Lineker from 2009 until 2016.
She was born in Cardiff to Kim and Roy. Her paternal grandfather was from Bengal and fought for the Indian Army during World War II. Her parents divorced when she was a child. Her stepfather is Alex Mohamed. She attended Cantonian High School in Fairwater where she sat 8 GCSEs. Subsequently she chose to study History, Sociology and French at A-level.
Bux started modelling as a teenager after winning a place in the Miss Hawaiian Tropic contest in Las Vegas, USA. Whilst modelling part-time, she was a flight attendant with Virgin Atlantic. Becoming a full time model, she has since modelled for brands including La Senza, and appeared on the cover of various magazines including HELLO!, OK Maxim, and Fabulous.
She assisted Sir Trevor McDonald onstage at the 2008 National TV Awards. She finished in third place in the 2009 series of ITV's Hell's Kitchen. In June and July 2009 she was a guest panellist on ITV's Loose Women.
She made her stage debut in Calendar Girls at the Bristol Hippodrome, beginning in January 2011. She then appeared in "Responsible Other", a play by Melanie Spencer. The play ran at Hampstead Theatre during June 2013. She also appeared in BBC One's Silent Witness in 2013. In 2015 she appeared in independent horror film Curse Of The Witching Tree
- "Danielle Bux bans WAGs from her wedding to Gary Lineker". Western Mail. 13 April 2009. Retrieved 15 April 2009.
- "Gary Lineker and wife Danielle to divorce because he’s ‘too old to start another family’". Daily Mirror. 12 January 2016.
- "'I was abused by racist bullies because of my Indian heritage'". Daily Mail. 14 February 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "'It broke my heart to miss Danielle's wedding'". WalesOnline. 4 September 2009. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "Gary Lineker's fiancee Danielle Bux heartbroken over mum's arrest". NOW! magazine. 23 September 2008. Retrieved 15 April 2009.
- "Gary Lineker's fiancée 'wracked with worry' as mother is arrested over suspected burglary". Daily Mail (London). 23 September 2008. Retrieved 15 April 2009.
- "Hell's Kitchen star Danielle Bux turns up the heat in new La Senza lingerie ad". Daily Mail (London). 15 April 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2009.
- "Danielle Bux". Maxim. Retrieved 15 April 2009.
- "DANIELLE LINEKER SPARKLES WITH STUNNING CRYSTAL TIGRESS". BornFree. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Danielle Lineker reveals racial abuse she was forced to endure from school bullies over Indian heritage". DailyMirror. 15 February 2015. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Lineker’s fiance inspired by brother’s accident". Wales Online. 9 October 2008. Retrieved 10 September 2015.