Staub attending the Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) Foundation Carnival, September 2011.
Beverly Ann Merrill
July 29, 1962
Danielle Staub (born Beverly Ann Merrill; July 29, 1962) is an American television personality. In May 2009, she came to prominence after being cast in the reality television series The Real Housewives of New Jersey, which documents the lives of several women residing in New Jersey. In August 2010, Staub left the series after two seasons, but she returned in the eighth season in 2017 in a recurring capacity.
Born to a 15-year-old mother of Sicilian heritage, Staub was adopted, given the name Beverly Ann Merrill, and reared in Pennsylvania. She said in her autobiography, The Naked Truth, that multiple relatives sexually abused her, writing, "The memory goes back as far as 8 years old. By 11, I started fighting back."
In 2001, Staub briefly acted in an episode of All My Children. In 2009, Staub joined the cast of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, where she appeared in the first two seasons. After weeks of speculation, Bravo announced that Staub would not be returning to the show for season three, giving no reason.
In September 2010, she appeared on the Style Network comedy program The Dish. She acted in several sketches including a surprise cold open where she tried to take over as the show's host after leaving the real presenter, Danielle Fishel, bound and gagged backstage. In 2011, Staub, along with Heidi Montag of The Hills and Jake Pavelka of The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love, starred in a food-related reality series for VH1 called Famous Food, in which they would "[revamp] a restaurant from the ground up." In August 2017, it was announced that Staub would return to The Real Housewives of New Jersey, in a "friend of the housewives" capacity.
Staub has been married three times. She was married to Kevin Maher from 1986 to 1987; and to Thomas Staub, the father of her daughters Christine and Jillian, from 1993 to 2007.  In June 2010, her Wayne, New Jersey home, which had been featured on The Real Housewives of New Jersey, was put up for sale. In June 2012, Staub filed for bankruptcy. As of the end of 2014, the property was listed as a short sale in connection with Staub's successful completion of a bankruptcy filing.
In May 2017, it was announced Staub was engaged to Marty Caffrey. The two wed in May 2018. In August 2018, it was announced the couple would divorce. Their divorce was finalized on February 21, 2019.
Controversies and legal problems
During the first season of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, other participants in the reality show confronted Staub with Charles Kipps's book Cop Without a Badge, which recounted events that surrounded an undercover FBI informer, Kevin Maher, who had once been married to Staub; Cop Without a Badge also included an account of Staub's arrest. Still known at the time as Beverly Ann Merrill, Staub cooperated with authorities and received five years probation. Staub had been arrested in June 1986, but she denied many of the other allegations Maher had made. Staub's autobiography, The Naked Truth, was released on May 25, 2010, and in it, she wrote that her arrest was a matter of "wrong place/wrong time."
In October 2009, Staub's ex-husband Kevin Maher sued her for defamation of character after allegations were made about him. However, it was settled out of court. In October 2010, Staub was sued again by Maher for making false allegations in her memoir The Naked Truth, after notifying the publisher Simon & Schuster, a lawsuit would be filed if the book was published. In May 2011, she signed a three-year deal with Scores Gentleman's Club to appear as a fully nude stripper and to star in adult online content. But days after signing her contract for adult performances, Staub announced that she was seeking psychological and addiction treatment, and reneged on the deal.
- "Danielle Staub". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- Garcia, Jennifer (May 18, 2011). "Danielle Staub Stops Stripping, Seeks Psychological Help". People. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
...Staub, 48, says...
- Dagostino, Mark (June 22, 2009). "Desperate Housewife". People. Archived from the original on August 14, 2009. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- "Watch Real Housewives' Danielle Staub on All My Children!". US Magazine. July 1, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- "A New Real Housewives Of New Jersey Cast Member Revealed!". Radar Online. September 2, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Season 2". iTunes. Apple. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- Shahid, Aliayh (September 7, 2010). "Danielle Staub to leave 'Real Housewives of New Jersey,' Bravo announces". Daily News. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- Lum, Linny (September 11, 2010). "Danielle Staub takes another crack at Teresa Guidice on "The Dish"". HollywoodNews.com. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Brown, Rebecca (May 4, 2011). "Is Heidi Montag Filming A Reality Show With Danielle Staub?". MTV.com. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Quinn, Dave (August 22, 2017). "Danielle Staub Returns to RHONJ — and What Furniture Is Teresa Giudice Flipping Now?". People. United States: Time Inc. Retrieved August 22, 2017.
- Gennis, Sadie (August 22, 2017). "Real Housewives of New Jersey: Get a First Look at Danielle Staub's Return in This Dramatic Trailer!". TVGuide.com. Retrieved August 22, 2017.
- Martin, Anne (May 23, 2017). "Danielle Staub of 'Real Housewives' engaged to Marty Caffrey". UPI. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Vena, Jocelyn (April 21, 2017). "Danielle Staub's Little Girls Are All Grown Up". Bravo. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Fogarty, Lisa (March 3, 2016). "Has Danielle Staub Really Been Engaged 19 Times? The 'TRHONJ' Star Has Had Several Very Public Relationships". Bustle.com. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Hyman, Vicki (June 14, 2010). "'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Danielle Staub's home on the market, bidet, tanning bed and all". NJ.com. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Hyman, Vicki (June 13, 2012). "Danielle Staub's bankruptcy: Post-'Real Housewives,' mortgage woes, legal fees, discount shopping". New Jersey. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Former 'Real Housewives' of N.J. star files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy". New Jersey (The Associated Press). June 6, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Unknown, Mary (July 27, 2014). "Danielle Staub Finalizes Bankruptcy; Gets Rid of Massive Shopping Fees". Reality Tea. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Vulpo, Mike (May 22, 2017). "Real Housewives of New Jersey's Danielle Staub Is Engaged to Marty Caffrey". E! News. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Quinn, Dave (May 23, 2017). "Danielle Staub Is Engaged! Find Out How the Former RHONJ Star's Boyfriend Popped the Question". People. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Aciz Stanton, Leanne (May 10, 2018). [Inside ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey’ Star Danielle Staub’s Dreamy Wedding to Marty Caffrey: Photos "Inside 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Star Danielle Staub's Dreamy Wedding to Marty Caffrey: Photos"] Check
|url=value (help). Us Weekly. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- Stone, Natalie; Guglielmi, Jodi (August 23, 2018). "RHONJ Alum Danielle Staub's Husband Files for Divorce — Less Than 4 Months After They Married". People. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- Vena, Jocelyn (February 21, 2019). "Danielle Staub Reveals What's Next After Her Divorce from Marty Caffrey: "Contemplating the Celebration"". Bravo. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Smith, Olivia (June 24, 2009). "Danielle Staub of 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' has a very real criminal past, documents show". Daily News. New York City. Archived from the original on December 1, 2015. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Smith, Ryan (February 1, 2010). ""Real Housewives" Danielle Staub Vindicated in Court; Co-Star's Daughter Guilty of "Weave" Assault". CBS News. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Lee, Joyce (June 8, 2010). "Danielle Staub Sex Tape to Be Released Via Hustler Posted". CBS news. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Hyman, Vicki (May 26, 2010). "'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Danielle Staub's 'Naked Truth'". NJ.com. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- DiNunno, Gina (October 7, 2009). "Real Housewife Danielle Staub's Ex-Husband Seeks Lawsuit". TV Guide. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Danielle Staub Settlement Reached in War with Ex". TMZ. October 4, 2010. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Danielle Staub's Ex to Sue Over 'Naked Truth'". TMZ. October 5, 2010. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Danielle Staub Sued Again By Ex". The Huffington Post. December 7, 2010. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Barker, Olivia (May 17, 2011). "'RHoNJ' takes off -- and so does ex-Housewife Danielle Staub". USA Today. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Hyman, Vicki (May 17, 2011). "'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Danielle Staub: Back on the pole". NJ.com. Retrieved May 21, 2015.