Dendi (video game player)
Dendi in 2014
|Born||December 30, 1989|
|Current team||No team|
Defense of the Ancients|
|Championships||The International 2011|
Danylo Ishutin (Ukrainian: Данило Ішутін born December 30, 1989), better known as Dendi, is a Ukrainian professional Dota 2 player. He formerly played for Natus Vincere (Na'Vi) since 2010 until being released from the team in 2018.
In 2009-2015, Dendi started playing professionally with WG. He was a part of the Ukraine squad that finished third in MYM Prime Nations the same year. Only a few months later, WG made it to the grand final of one of the most prestigious tournaments that existed at the time, MYM Prime Defending. When Kingsurf.international merged with WG the next year, he became a full-time member of Ks.int. In late 2008, he joined DTS in its early stages, only to return to Ks.int in March 2009. Only three months later he returned to DTS, helping them secure a second-place victory at ESWC 2010. At the end of the year, Dendi achieved arguably the greatest success in his DotA career by finishing 3rd place in the most stacked tournament at the time, WDC 2010. Dendi joined Natus Vincere (Na'Vi) at the end of 2010 together with ArtStyle.
Dendi began his Dota 2 career with the Ukrainian team Natus Vincere, better known as "Na'Vi", rapidly rising to fame after winning The International 2011. After that, Na'Vi continued to win many tournaments in 2011 and 2012, including placing second at The International 2012. At The International 2013, Na'Vi became the only Dota 2 team to participate in the grand finals of the tournament three years in a row, falling short to eventual winners Alliance. Dendi was one of three Dota 2 players featured in the 2014 documentary Free to Play, which covered his story leading up to and including his performance at The International 2011.
- "All Pick - Danil "Dendi" Ishutin". teamliquid.net.
- "Follow Your Favourite eSports on SteelSeries - SteelSeries". steelseries.com.
- "GosuGamers". gosugamers.net.
- "eSports Gaming News & Community - GosuGamers". gosugamers.net.
- "ESWC 2010 full coverage - DotA Allstars Official Website". playdota.com.
- Sottek, T. C. (2017-08-11). "The world's best Dota 2 players just got destroyed by a killer AI from Elon Musk's startup". The Verge. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- Valdez, Gabriel. "Iconic Dota 2 player Danil "Dendi" Ishutin Becomes Inactive After Nearly 8 Years of Professional Play with Na'Vi". mxdwn.com. Retrieved 2 September 2018.