|Born||Danila Valerievich Kozlovsky|
3 May 1985
Moscow, RSFSR, USSR
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer|
Urszula Małka (m. 2008–2011)
|Awards||Golden Eagle Award Honoured Artist of the Russian Federation|
Early life and career
Danila Kozlovsky was born in Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union. His mother, Nadezhda Zvenigorodskaya, is a stage actress, and his father, Valery Kozlovsky, was a professor at Moscow State University specializing in marketing and mass communications. He has an older brother, Yegor, and a younger brother, Ivan. As a child Danila was slightly overweight. From a young age, Danila was placed in dance and music classes, learning to play the saxophone and the alto. During his early years, he frequently changed schools, potentially due to discipline issues. He made his big screen debut in 1998, playing the troubled sixth grader Denis on the Russian television series Simple Truths.
In 1996, he was accepted into the Kronshtadt Naval Military School, which he attended until his graduation in 2002. Upon graduation, he matriculated to the Saint Petersburg State Theatre Arts Academy, entering the acting/directing course supervised by Lev Dodin. During his fourth year he made his debut on the stage of the Little Drama Theatre (Theatre de l’Europe), playing the part of Edgar in King Lear (2006). The role brought him his first theatre award: a special prize of Expert Council of the "Golden Sofit" (the top-rated theatre award in Saint Petersburg) for Best Debut. Then there was a role in the play Life and Fate, which premiered in Paris and the diploma performance "Warsaw Melody".
After graduating from the Academy in 2007, Danila Kozlovskiy was officially admitted to the staff of the Little Drama Theatre (Theatre de l'Europe). In his repertoire were added performances Lord of the Flies, where he played Ralph, Intrigue and Love and The Cherry Orchard.
In 2005, he also received his first important film role — in the picture Garpastum. The film, set during the time of the First World War, tells the story of two brothers who wish to build their own football stadium. Kozlovsky received the Russian Guild of Film Critics "White Elephant Award" for the best male lead actor.
Kozlovsky gained wider publicity in 2008 with his starring role in the film Black Hunters. There he played the role of robber archaeologist Sergei Filatov, who is transported into the past together with his friends when making illegal excavations.
In 2011, he appeared as Marcus Blackwell in Need for Speed: The Run.
Soulless and breakthrough
After Kozlovsky starred in the 2012 film Soulless he became a household name in Russia. He played the lead role of Max Andreev, a young ambitious executive manager who begins to reevaluate his priorities in life and career. The film was a hit and grossed $13 million. He received the National Golden Eagle Award for Soulless (2012, nomination "Best Cinema Actor"). The film was followed by a sequel in 2015, for which he won the Nika Award as best actor.
Danila starred in his first Hollywood film in 2014; he played Dimitri Belikov in the comedy-horror picture Vampire Academy.
The year 2016 saw Kozlovsky star in five films — romantic comedy Status: non engaged, sci-fi action film Hardcore Henry, comedy film Friday, disaster film Flight Crew and historical action film Viking.
Out of the aforementioned films, the most popular ones at the box-office were Flight Crew, earning $27 million, and Viking which grossed $34 million.
He played Count Vorontzov in the film Matilda (2017), which told the story of the romance between Emperor Nicholas II and ballerina Mathilde Kschessinska. The film became controversial after State Duma deputy Natalia Poklonskaya led a campaign to ban the film on religious grounds.
Danila Kozlovsky's directorial debut Coach was released in 2018.
In the media
In the fall of 2008, Danila married the Maly Drama Theatre actress Urszula Małka. In 2011, they divorced.
- 2006 - King Lear - Edgar
- 2006 - Whim - Barkalov, the manager of the estate
- 2007 - The Warsaw Melody - Victor
- 2007 - Life and Fate - Novikov
- 2009 - The Lord of the Flies - Ralph
- 2010 - Lorenzaccio - Lorenzaccio
- 2012 - Intrigue and Love - Ferdinand
- 2013 - The Cherry Orchard - Lopakhin
- 2016 - Hamlet - Hamlet
- 2012 — Shoot / Get Treasure / Repeat by Mark Ravenhill, director Dmitri Volktostrelov — Dictator
|1999||Simple Truths||Простые истины||Denis Selivyorstov||TV series|
|2003||Dancing on the Waves||Я всё решу сама: Танцующая на волнах||Valera||TV series|
|2003||Streets of Broken Lights||Улицы разбитых фонарей||soldier-deserter Popov||TV series|
|2004||Sissi: The Rebel Empress||Сисси - мятежная императрица||Young Franz Joseph||TV film|
|2004||On Verhniaya Maslovka street"||На Верхней Масловке||Modigliani|
|2005||Garpastum||Гарпастум||Nikolay||Russian Guild of Film Critics Award for Best Actor|
|2006||Alka||Алька||Lenya Astakhov||TV miniseries|
|2006||Crime and Weather||Преступление и погода||Victor|
|2007||Lenin's Legacy||Завещание Ленина||Sergei||TV miniseries|
|2008||Black Hunters||Мы из будущего||Sergei "Bormann" Filatov||Also known as We Are from the Future and Back in Time |
Nominated—MTV Russia Movie Award for Best Kiss (shared with Ekaterina Klimova)
|2009||A. D.||А. Д.||Daniil Ageev||TV|
|2010||Attempt||Покушение||Yevgeniy Kostin||TV series|
|2010||Moscow, I Love You!||Москва, я люблю тебя!||Taxi driver|
|2010||Hamlet. XXI Century||Гамлет XXI век||Laertes|
|2011||Gulf Stream Under the Iceberg||Гольфстрим под айсбергом||Ari Brylskiy|
|2011||Five Brides||Пять невест||Alexei Kaverin|
|2011||Raspoutine||Распутин||Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich||Russian-French co-production|
|2012||Soulless||Духless||Max Andreev||Golden Eagle Award for Best Leading Actor |
Nominated—Nika Award for Best Actor
Nominated—Russian Guild of Film Critics Award for Best Actor
|2013||Legend № 17||Легенда № 17||Valeri Kharlamov|
|2013||Everything Began in Harbin||Всё началось в Харбине||Boris Eybozhenko||TV series|
|2013||The habit to leave||Привычка расставаться||Vadim|
|2014||Dubrovsky||Дубровский||Vladimir Dubrovsky||Feature film and TV mini-series|
|2014||Vampire Academy||Vampire Academy; Blood Sisters||Dimitri Belikov|
|2015||Soulless 2||Духless 2||Max Andreev|
|2016||Status: Free||Статус: Свободен||Nikita Kolesnikov|
|2016||Flight Crew||Экипаж||Alexey Guchshin||Remake of Air Crew|
|2016||Viking (2016 movie)||Викинг||Vladimir the Great|
|2018||McMafia||МакМафия||Grigory Mishin||TV series|
|2018||In the Hood||На районе|
|2011||Need for Speed: The Run||Marcus Blackwell||Appearance only|
Awards and nominations
|Nika Awards||2015||Best Actor||Soulless 2||Won|
|Glamour Awards||2013||Man of the Year||N/A||Won|
|Golden Eagle Awards||2012||Golden Eagle Award for Best Leading Actor||Soulless||Won|
|Golden Floodlight Theatre Awards||2006||Best Debut||King Lear||Won|
|GQ Awards||2013||Man of the Year||N/A||Won|
|MTV Russia Movie Awards||2008||Best Kiss (shared with Ekaterina Klimova)||Black Hunters||Nominated|
|Nika Awards||2012||Best Actor||Soulless||Nominated|
|Russian Guild of Film Critics Awards||2005||Best Actor||Garpastum||Won|
|Constellation Film Actors Festival||2008||Best Leading Actor||Back in Time||Won|
- "Данила Козловский". Russia-1.
- Nick Holdsworth. "'Vampire Academy's' Danila Kozlovsky on Being a Russian in Hollywood: Cold War Is 'Still With Us' (Q&A)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Данила Козловский открыл центр для аутистов
- "2005". Russian Guild of Film Critics.
- "Лауреаты премии «Золотой Орел» за 2012 год". Golden Eagle Award.
- "Vikings casts key new character for season 6". Entertainment Weekly.
- Mikhail Idov. "Человек года 2013: Данила Козловский". GQ.
- "Ad of the Day: Keira Knightley Does Her Best Bond Girl Imitation for Chanel". Adweek. 26 March 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- Igor Kuzmichev. "Мачо и ботан: актеры-секс-символы российского кино". Elle.
- Anna Sadova. "Горячо! Данила Козловский показал фото под душем". Cosmopolitan.
- Olesya Ivanova. "Данила Козловский женился назло Боярской". Express Gazeta]].
- "Данила Козловский влюбился". Cosmopolitan.
- Natalia Biryukova. "Данила Козловский снимется в сериале про династию Романовых и вампиров". Ekspress Gazeta.
- Номинанты Национальной кинематографической премии "НИКА" за 2015 год. Nika Awards (in Russian).
- "Женщиной года Glamour 2013 стала Дума, Мужчиной года – Данила Козловский". Piter.tv (in Russian). 13 November 2013. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Archived copy" Данила Козловский. Little Drama Theatre (in Russian). Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- Номинанты Национальной кинематографической премии "НИКА" за 2012 год. Nika Awardss (in Russian). 6 March 2013. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Archived copy" Номинанты и призеры. Russian Guild of Film Critics (in Russian). Archived from the original on 5 August 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danila Kozlovsky.|