October 4, 1976 |
Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia
Danilo “Dača” Ikodinović (Serbian Cyrillic: Данило Икодиновић - Дача, born October 4, 1976 in Belgrade, Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia) is a former Serbian water polo player who played on the bronze medal squad at the 2000 Summer Olympics (with Yugoslavia) and the silver medal squad at the 2004 Summer Olympics (with Serbia and Montenegro). He received a Golden Badge, award for the best athlete in Serbia and Montenegro.
He spent the 2005/06 season playing for VK Partizan. He appeared for the Serbian national water polo team in 304 matches, scoring 299 goals. In 2006, he appeared as a model in an underwear campaign for ExtremeIntimo. During the summer of 2006 he signed for Russian club Sintez Kazan. In his first season in Sintez Kazan, Ikodinović led the team to 2006/07 LEN Cup trophy as well as the Russian league title. In late March 2008, he reached an agreement with PVK Jadran to play for them in 2008/09 season.
Clubs he played for
- 1992–1998 VK Partizan
- 1998–1999 ASN Catania
- 1999–2001 AN Brescia
- 2001–2005 Pro Recco
- 2005–2006 VK Partizan
- 2006–2008 Sintez
- 2008–2009 PVK Jadran
- National Championship of Yugoslavia (1): 1994–95
- National Cup of Yugoslavia (3): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95
- LEN Cup (1): 1997–98
- Serie A1 (1): 2001–02
- Trofeo del Giocatore (1): 2003
- LEN Euroleague (1): 2002–03
- LEN Supercup (1): 2004
- National Championship of Russia (1): 2006–07
- LEN Cup (1): 2006–07
In 2000, Ikodinović married his girlfriend Anja who later that year gave birth to their daughter Andrea. The couple divorced in 2003.
Later that year Ikodinović began a relationship with Serbian pop singer Nataša Bekvalac. Once the relationship became public on New Year's 2005 it inspired even more press coverage. In July 2006 the couple married in Sremski Karlovci. They have a daughter named Hana who was born in March 2007 while Danilo was playing at the World Championships in Melbourne. The couple divorced in January 2011.
On Friday, June 27, 2008, around 8:20pm, Ikodinović was involved in a traffic accident while riding his Yamaha R1 motorcycle on Zrenjanin-Novi Sad regional road near the town of Kać. He had been transferred to intensive care in Novi Sad where he got immediately taken in for surgery that ended up lasting almost eight hours. As a result his condition was stabilized, but remained critical. Apparently, of the numerous injuries he sustained, the heaviest trauma occurred on his right arm with severe tearing of blood vessels (nerves and arteries).
Investigation of the crash finished by mid November 2008 and it determined that Ikodinović was driving at a speed of 173 km/h while having blood alcohol content of over 2 per mil (considered to be the medium level of alcoholic intoxication) when he hit from behind the Yugo driven by Pajica Dejanović that was overtaking a tractor driven by Miroslav Kukić.
Ikodinović was charged with violating traffic safety. His case went before a judge in Novi Sad Municipal Court on March 5, 2009 where he was found guilty of causing the accident and got ordered to pay RSD70,000 (around €760 according to the exchange rate at the time). He also received an eight-month ban on driving a motorcycle. District public persecutor submitted an appeal on the court's decision due to not being satisfied with the amount of the fine.
The damages part of the case was settled out of court on May 26, 2009, which is when Ikodinović paid a sum to Pajica Dejanović that was in some media outlets reported to be €6,000.
- Vaterpolo: Ruski Sintez osvojio LEN kup, MTS Mondo, May 24, 2007
- Dača na Jadranu, Večernje novosti, March 31, 2008
- Teško nam je, Kurir, June 30, 2008
- Snežana Perić predala meč Dači Ikodinoviću!, Svet, June 18, 2004
- Odlepio čovek!, Kurir, January 8, 2005
- Hana više voli Natašu, Blic, April 30, 2007
- Najvažniji meč Dače Ikodinovića, MTS Mondo, June 28, 2008
- Borba za život Danila Ikodinovića, Blic, June 29, 2008
- Ikodinović ponovo operisan, B92, June 28, 2008
- Završena istraga nesreće kod Kaća - Ikodinović vozio 173 na sat, Blic, November 17, 2008
- Dača Ikodinović pred sudom 5. marta, MTS Mondo, January 28, 2009
- Danilo Ikodinović: Sve ono o čemu sam ćutao..., Story, June 2009
- Serbian Olympic Committee (in Serbian) (in English)
| The Best Athlete of Serbia and Montenegro