Danish UNIX User Group
The Danish UNIX systems User Group (Danish: Dansk UNIX-system Bruger Gruppe, DKUUG) is a computer user group around UNIX, which was the first Internet provider in Denmark and which created and maintained the .dk internet domain for Denmark. Founded 18 November 1983, DKUUG is a primary advisor on the Danish UNIX and Open Standards use. The group is active in the standards processes for UNIX, POSIX, the Internet, the World Wide Web, and Open Document Format.
The Danish UNIX User Group was founded on 18 November 1983 with the purpose of promoting UNIX and providing Internet access to the Danish academic community and the whole of Denmark. An offshoot of the EUUG, the DKUUG membership was originally 41 people from the Danish academic and business computing industry. Founder Keld Simonsen of the Datalogisk Institut at Copenhagen University served as group foreman from 1983 to 1997. It formed a commercial subsidiary, DKnet, organized as the Danish affiliate of the EUnet network.
In 1996, DKnet was purchased by the Danish PTT TeleDanmark in a private transaction for 20 million DKK.
During the 2000s, the organization has been the subject of internal disagreement and infighting among board members.
- ^ Kasper Vilïlum Jensen, "DKUUG støtter DK Hostmaster", COMON, 11 August 2008
- ^ a b Rune Pedersen, "Tidligere formand giver kuk i DKUUG-bestyrelse", Computerworld, 2 November 2009
- ^ Jacob Kaare Søresen, "Det begyndte med et udråbstegn", Erhverv På Nettet, Jyllands-Posten, 2 January 2003
- ^ Rune Pedersen, "E-mailen fejrer sølvbryllup i Danmark", Computerworld, 23 December 2008
- ^ !%@:: a directory of electronic mail addressing & networks, Donnalyn Frey, Rick Adams, 1994. p. 97. ISBN 1-56592-046-5
- ^ Mads Bang, "Ny uro i DKUUG: Endnu en medarbejder går", Computerworld, 4 December 2007
- ^ "DKUUG in Multimillion-Dollar Deal with TeleDanmark ", UKUUG Newsletter, Volume 5 Number 2 (April 1996)
- (Danish) Keld Simonsen, "En historie om Keld og DKUUG" (A History of Keld and DKUUG), dkuug.dk,
- (Danish) Keld Simonsen, "DKUUG 30 år - Opstart og resultater" (DKUUG - 30 years - Creation and results) (2013-11-18)
- Official DKUUG website Archived 15 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine (in Danish)