|Other names||Dansk Varmblod|
|Country of origin||Denmark|
|Colour||dark colours: 459|
The Danish Warmblood or Dansk Varmblod is a Danish breed of modern sport horse, established in the mid-twentieth century and used mainly for dressage and show-jumping.: 66 Like other European warmblood breeds, it is a performance breed: any suitable horse of any origin may be admitted if it passes a strict performance test. Hanoverian, Holsteiner, Swedish Warmblood and Trakehner are among those that have contributed to the breed.: 459
The Danish Warmblood came into existence in 1962 with the formation of a breed society, the Dansk Sportsheste Avlsforbund; in 1979 this merged with another association, the Danmarks Lette Hesteavl, to form the present association, Dansk Varmblod.: 66  The first volume of the stud-book was published in 1964, and listed 150 mares.: 66  Most were imported from outside Denmark – more than 100 were of German breeding – and of the 22 born in Denmark the majority were of Oldenburger origin.
The horses usually stand some 160–173 cm at the withers.: 459 The coat may be of any solid colour;: 148 : 179 bay is the most common, but chestnut, grey and dark bay also occur.: 66 Limited white markings may be present.: 66
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danish Warmblood.|
- Barbara Rischkowsky, Dafydd Pilling (editors) (2007). List of breeds documented in the Global Databank for Animal Genetic Resources, annex to The State of the World's Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture. Rome: Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. ISBN 9789251057629. Archived 23 June 2020.
- Breed data sheet: Dansk Varmblod / Denmark (Horse). Domestic Animal Diversity Information System of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Accessed December 2021.
- Valerie Porter, Lawrence Alderson, Stephen J.G. Hall, D. Phillip Sponenberg (2016). Mason's World Encyclopedia of Livestock Breeds and Breeding (sixth edition). Wallingford: CABI. ISBN 9781780647944.
- Élise Rousseau, Yann Le Bris, Teresa Lavender Fagan (2017). Horses of the World. Princeton: Princeton University Press. ISBN 9780691167206.
- What is Dansk Varmblod?. Vilhelmsborg, Mårslet: Dansk Varmblod. Accessed December 2021.
- Elwyn Hartley Edwards (1994). The Encyclopedia of the Horse. London; New York; Stuttgart; Moscow: Dorling Kindersley. ISBN 0751301159.
- Elwyn Hartley Edwards (2016). The Horse Encyclopedia. New York, New York: DK Publishing. ISBN 9781465451439.