|Daniyal Aziz Khan
|Member of Parliament|
February 25, 1965 |
|Political party||Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
Daniyal Aziz (Urdu/Punjabi: دانیال عزیز) is a Pakistani politician who is today affiliated with the Pakistan Muslim League (N) and Secretary General of this party and he is currently a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan. Previously, he was a member of the Pakistan Muslim League (Q) (PML-Q) and had been elected as a member of the National Assembly in 1997 from the NA-116 (Narowal-II) constituency and again in 2002. He has also previously served as the chairman of the National Reconstruction Bureau (NRB), an institution of the Government of Pakistan.
During the 2008 general elections, Aziz was defeated by an independent candidate, Chaudhry Muhammad Tariq Anees. His defeat was attributed to growing unpopularity of the ruling PML (Q) and anti-Musharraf sentiments among the masses.
Daniyal Aziz is son of ex-minister Anwar Aziz Chaudhry and an American Mother Kathleen Right. Anwar Aziz has served as a federal minister. Daniyal Aziz belongs to a Gujjar family of Shakargarh. According to the Daily Times:
- "Danial Aziz joins PML-N". The Nation. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Danial Aziz Chaudhry profile at Elections.com.pk
- Inter-PML fight in Narowal, Dawn (newspaper)
- Local body elections: SC to hear case on 'grassroots democracy', The Express Tribune
- Daniyal Aziz profile at Pakistan Herald
- Young Turks of Pakistani politics, Daily Times
|This article about a Pakistani politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|