October 16, 1963 |
Zagreb, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|Listed weight||90 kg (198 lb)|
|NBA draft||1985 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Danko Cvjetićanin (often credited as Cvjetičanin; born October 16, 1963) is a retired Croatian basketball player who won two silver medals at the Olympic Games, one with Yugoslavia (1988) and the other with Croatia (1992). Cvjetićanin, who started his career with Partizan, won the European Club Championship with Cibona in 1986. He also played professionally in Spain and Italy.
Born in Zagreb, six-year-old Cvjetićanin moved to Belgrade along with his parents and sister when his sociology professor father took a management position at Ivo Lola Ribar, a state-owned factory in the Belgrade suburb of Železnik.
Growing up during the 1970s in Belgrade, Cvjetićanin attended Drinka Pavlović primary school. Being a tall yet mobile kid, he soon took up basketball in the youth categories of OKK Beograd before transferring to KK Partizan. While playing youth basketball in the late 1970s, Cvjetićanin idolized two Yugoslav basketball stars with the similar body type and skill set to his — Dragan Kićanović and Mirza Delibašić.
Club playing career
Cvjetićanin began his basketball career with KK Partizan.
After playing career, Cvjetićanin worked as the European scouting coordinator for the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers from 1998 to 2010. He has been performing the same position for the New Jersey Nets since 2010.
- Miljuš, Predrag (Fall 1985). "Danko Cvjetićanin, skroman momak - a nesvakidašnji talenat: Zašto je prešao iz Partizana u Cibonu?". Tempo. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- Radojević, Srđan (27 February 2017). "Give & Go podcast sa Dankom Cvjetićaninom". Sport Klub Srbija. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Introducing Edin Bavcic". NBA.com. June 30, 2006. Retrieved February 17, 2009.
- "Cvjetićanin: Ovo finale je već za povijest" (in Croatian). Jutarnji.hr. June 2, 2008. Archived from the original on May 22, 2011. Retrieved June 29, 2008.
- "Sin Danka Cvjetičanina zablistao na floridskom koledžu" (in Croatian). Index.hr. January 13, 2012. Retrieved January 13, 2012.