Danne Boterenbrood (born 19 July 1985 in Zwolle, Netherlands), is a Dutch professional triathlete.
Boterenbrood studied medicine at the University of Groningen and lives with her friend in Sittard where the National Training Centre has been established. She teaches at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Maastricht and represents the Dutch clubs GSTV Tritanium and AV Unitas.
In 2009 Boterenbrood represented the club Lemgo in the German Bundesliga circuit.
In 2009 Boterenbrood also took part in the prestigious French Club Championship Series Lyonnaise des Eaux and, together with international elite stars like Emma Moffatt and Olga Dmitrieva she represented the French club Charleville Tri Ardennes. In 2010, the club still lists her name among its elite triathletes, but Boterenbrood did not take part in any of the Lyonnaise triathlons. In La Baule at the Grand Final of the Lyonnaise circuit of the year 2009 Boterenbrood placed 30th and was the third best triathlete of her club.
In 2011, after a year in which Boterenbrood was almost completely absent from triathlon events, she is on leave from Maastricht University to fully dedicate herself to triathlon again and qualify for the 2012 London Olympics.
From 2004 to 2010 Boterenbrood took part in 17 ITU triathlons and achieved three top ten positions. The following list is based upon the official ITU rankings and the Athlete's Profile Page. Unless indicated otherwise, the following events are triathlons (Olympic Distance) and belong to the Elite category.
|2004-07-03||European Championships (Junior)||Lausanne||34|
|2005-07-16||Premium European Cup (Elite)||Holten||0|
|2006-07-08||European Championships (U23)||Rijeka||25|
|2006-07-15||Premium European Cup (Elite)||Holten||15|
|2006-07-30||European Cup (Elite)||Copenhagen||8|
|2006-08-20||European Cup (Elite)||Geneva||DNF|
|2006-09-02||World Championships (U23)||Lausanne||31|
|2008-05-18||European Cup (Elite)||Brno||21|
|2008-06-28||Premium European Cup (Elite)||Holten||DNS|
|2008-09-06||European Championships (U23)||Pulpì||28|
|2008-09-13||European Cup (Elite)||Vienna||17|
|2009-07-02||European Championships (Elite)||Holten||23|
|2009-08-02||European Cup (Elite)||Egirdir||11|
|2009-08-09||European Cup (Elite)||Tiszaújváros||21|
|2009-08-23||European Cup||Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad)||8|
|2009-10-25||Premium European Cup||Alanya||26|
|2010-11-13||Premium European Cup||Eilat||3|
|2011-01-09||Pan American Cup||Viña del Mar||1|
DNF = did not finish
- See http://iamtri.com/profile/DanneBoterenbrood. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- See http://www.sbdn.nl/team/teaminfodanne.htm. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- Cf. http://www.anzeigengo.de/Zweiter-nationaler-Titel-fuer-Christiane-Pilz-77022.html and http://www.triathlon-lemgo.de/teams-triathlon-bundesliga-lemgo-team2008.html. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- See http://www.charleville-triathlon-ardennes.com/index.php?rub=elite_feminine. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- See http://www.ipitos.com/de-resultats/course-108-epreuve-335. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- See http://archive.triathlon.org/zpg/zresults-ath-dtl.php?id=MTc0NA==. Retrieved 9 January 2011.