|Birth name||Danny Baranowsky|
|Also known as||Danny B, dB Soundworks, SysteManiac|
April 5, 1984 |
Mesa, Arizona, U.S.
Danny Baranowsky (born April 5, 1984), also known as Danny B or dB Soundworks, is an electronic music composer, composing music mainly for indie films and indie games. He founded dB Soundworks to sell and promote his music. He is most known for providing the music for games such as Canabalt, Super Meat Boy, The Binding of Isaac, and Crypt of the NecroDancer. Baranowsky has also contributed to the soundtrack of the 2014 Amplitude remake.
Baranowsky first came into contact with video game music in 2001, when he became a member of online game remix community OverClocked ReMix. At this time, Baranowsky was hoping to become a film composer.
When Adam Saltsman, who would later develop Canabalt, sent Baranowsky an incomplete version of Gravity Hook, which Saltsman intended to keep free of music, Baranowsky decided to write a track for it anyway. When Baranowsky sent "Track A" back to Saltsman, he was really impressed by the music. After finishing the soundtrack of Gravity Hook, Saltsman introduced Baranowsky to Edmund McMillen, for whom he later composed the soundtrack of Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac.
Rory Young from Game Rant described Baranowsky as "amazingly talented" because of his work on Super Meat Boy.
- David Lloyd; Cain McCormack; Jimmy Hinson (2009-11-13). "ReMixer Interview: Daniel Baranowsky". OverClocked ReMix.
- Jim Sterling (2012-03-21). "Podtoid 194: Dick Pixels (with Danny Baranowsky)" (podcast). Destructoid.
- Patrick Gann (2011-01-26). "Danny B Says "Nice To Meat You!" – Super Meat Boy OST Review". Original Sound Version.
- Kirk Hamilton (2011-12-22). "The Best Game Music of 2011: The Binding of Isaac". Kotaku.
- David Hinkle (2013-08-31). "Pounding beats and dragons in Crypt of the NecroDancer". Joystiq.
- Saed, Sherif (2014-05-19). "Amplitude reboot will contain music by Jim Guthrie, Danny Baranowsky, more". VG247.
- Lahti, Evan (2011-04-04). "Behind the music: an interview with Super Meat Boy composer Danny Baranowsky". PC Gamer.
- Damigella, Rick (2011-05-30). "Nice to Meat You – Interview with Super Meat Boy Composer Danny Baranowsk". G4 TV.
- Young, Rory (2010). "Super Meat Boy Review". Game Rant.