Baranowsky at the 2016 Game Developers Choice Awards
|Birth name||Daniel Baranowsky|
|Also known as|
|Born||April 5, 1984|
Mesa, Arizona, U.S.
|Instruments||Digital audio workstation|
Danny Baranowsky (born April 5, 1984), also known as Danny B or by the company name dB Soundworks, is an American electronic music composer, composing music mainly for indie films and indie games. He founded dB Soundworks to sell and promote his music. He is most known for providing the music for games such as Canabalt, Super Meat Boy, The Binding of Isaac, and Crypt of the NecroDancer. Baranowsky has also contributed to the soundtrack of the 2014 Amplitude remake.
Baranowsky first came into contact with video game music in 2001, when he became a member of online game remix community OverClocked ReMix. At this time, Baranowsky was hoping to become a film composer.
When Adam Saltsman, who would later develop Canabalt, sent Baranowsky an incomplete version of Gravity Hook, which Saltsman intended to keep free of music, Baranowsky decided to write a track for it anyway. When Baranowsky sent "Track A" back to Saltsman, he was really impressed by the music. After finishing the soundtrack of Gravity Hook, Saltsman introduced Baranowsky to Edmund McMillen, for whom he later composed the soundtrack of Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac.
Rory Young from Game Rant described Baranowsky as "amazingly talented" because of his work on Super Meat Boy.
|2009||unstated||Cortex Command||Video Game||In the files of Cortex Command, some of the music has been labeled as being made by dBSoundworks|
|2010||January 26||Canabalt||Video game|
|March 5||Gravity Hook HD|
|July 29||Gravity Hook|
|October 16||Once Upon A Pixel - KOOPA||Web series|
|October 23||GLORG||Video game|
|October 27||Super Meat Boy|
|November 4||Das Cube|
|November 5||Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'? (Season 2 Finale)||Web series|
|November 10||Steambirds||Video game|
|November 24||Anthony Saves the World||Web series|
|December 14||Blush||Video game|
|December 14||Time Donkey|
|2011||March 18||Friday (Lost NES Game Version)|
|July 12||Singularity Collapse||Short film|
|September 28||The Binding of Isaac||Video game|
|November 8||Cave Story 3D|
|November 25||Super Meat Boy (Special Edition)|
|2012||April 3||Parallax||Short film|
|September 4||AVGM (Blooba Doop Scooba)||Video game|
|2013||April 3||The Adventures of Dash|
|October 31||Desktop Dungeons||In collaboration with Grant Kirkhope.|
|2015||April 21||Crypt of the NecroDancer|
|2017||January 24||Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED||DLC content from the game.|
|2019||June 13||Cadence of Hyrule|
- David Lloyd; Cain McCormack; Jimmy Hinson (2009-11-13). "ReMixer Interview: Daniel Baranowsky". OverClocked ReMix.
- Jim Sterling (2012-03-21). "Podtoid 194: Dick Pixels (with Danny Baranowsky)" (podcast). Destructoid.
- Patrick Gann (2011-01-26). "Danny B Says "Nice To Meat You!" – Super Meat Boy OST Review". Original Sound Version.
- Kirk Hamilton (2011-12-22). "The Best Game Music of 2011: The Binding of Isaac". Kotaku.
- David Hinkle (2013-08-31). "Pounding beats and dragons in Crypt of the NecroDancer". Joystiq.
- Saed, Sherif (2014-05-19). "Amplitude reboot will contain music by Jim Guthrie, Danny Baranowsky, more". VG247.
- Lahti, Evan (2011-04-04). "Behind the music: an interview with Super Meat Boy composer Danny Baranowsky". PC Gamer.
- Damigella, Rick (2011-05-30). "Nice to Meat You – Interview with Super Meat Boy Composer Danny Baranowsk". G4 TV.
- Young, Rory (2010). "Super Meat Boy Review". Game Rant.
- Weidner, Matthew (March 20, 2019). "Cadence of Hyrule brings Crypt of the Necrodancer and The Legend of Zelda together in style". Nintendo Wire. Retrieved March 21, 2019.