This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Danny Breaks performing in 2005
|Birth name||Daniel Whiddet|
|Also known as||Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era|
Danny Breaks (born Daniel Whidett) is a British drum and bass DJ, record producer, and record label owner. He is known for his experimental instrumental hip hop production, and early music career as the breakbeat hardcore artist Sonz of a Loop Da Loop Era.
Whidett began recording under the alias Sonz of a Loop Da Loop Era during the early 1990s, for the now defunct record label Suburban Base, notably attaining a Top 40 hit in the UK Singles Chart with "Far Out" in 1991.
In 1994, he established the imprint Droppin' Science and began releasing as Danny Breaks, moving with the evolution of hardcore into jungle, and then into contemporary drum and bass. The label has been inactive since 2002, with Whidett preferring to release increasingly experimental material on new label Alphabet Zoo.
After living in Eastwood, Leigh On Sea, Essex, where he was also raised, he relocated to Cologne, Germany, in 2015.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 515. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "The Essential… Danny Breaks - FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music". FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music. 2014-03-19. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- Danny Breaks on Myspace
- Danny Breaks discography at Discogs
- Danny Breaks at Rolldabeats
- Techno.de Profile of Danny Breaks
- "Far Out" at Back To The Old Skool
- Article on Suburban Base, mentions the chart success of "Far Out"
|This article about a British musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a dance music disc jockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|