|Born||26 July 1980|
Royston, Hertfordshire, England
|Genres||Blues, blues rock|
Danny Bryant (born 26 July 1980) is an English blues guitarist and singer-songwriter. He was born and grew up in Royston, Hertfordshire, England. At the age of 15, he began playing the guitar and became a professional guitar player at the age of 18. Since then he has toured all over the world and appeared on bills alongside a number of notable artists such as Buddy Guy, Carlos Santana, Joe Cocker and Mick Taylor.
Life and career
He formed Danny Bryant's RedEyeBand together with his father, Ken Bryant, on bass guitar. They toured and recorded together with drummer Trevor Barr until Ken's retirement in July 2013. Bryant signed with the German-based label, Jazzhaus Records, in 2011 and went on the record his first live DVD/CD on 17 September 2011, titled Night Life – Live in Holland. 2013 seen Bryant release his first studio album for Jazzhaus Records titled 'Hurricane'. As of 2013 the title 'Redeyeband' was dropped, and the band are now billed as 'Danny Bryant'.
The release of 'Hurricane', highlighted Danny's singer-songwriter abilities.
2014's Temperature Rising was preceded by a 5-week tour of the US and Canada fronting Walter Trout's band while Walter recovered from liver transplant surgery. The Temperature Rising tour then took the band across the UK & Europe and as far afield as China.
Bryant is endorsed by the British guitar brand Fret-King, designed by Trev Wilkinson. He uses the Corona SP model. In 2013 Fret-King announced the release of the Corona DBR, the Danny Bryant signature model. Guitarist Magazine described the guitar as "A powerful and versatile instrument that offers quality and bags of canny design upgrades for extremely sensible money". Danny is also endorsed by Blackstar Amplification, and Elixir Strings.
- Watching You! (2002; re-released 2009)
- Shadows Passed (2003)
- Covering Their Tracks (2004)
- Days Like This (2005)
- Live (2007) Continental Blue Heaven CBHCD 2010
- Black and White (2008) Continental Blue Heaven CBHCD 2014
- Just As I Am (2010) Continental Blue Heaven CBHCD 2016
- Night Life: Live In Holland (2012) Jazzhaus Records JHR 050
- Hurricane (2013) Jazzhaus Records JHR 067
- Temperature Rising (2014) Jazzhaus Records JHR 095
- Blood Money (2016) Jazzhaus Records JHR 120
- Revelation (2018)
- Means of Escape (2019)
- "Maverick – The UK's Leading Independent Country Music Magazine – Danny Bryant". Maverick-country.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "25 new blues artists you need to hear! | Danny Bryant". MusicRadar.com. 30 July 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Danny Bryant". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Danny Bryant : Jazzhaus Freiburg GmbH". Jazzhausrecords.com. 17 September 2011. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Danny Bryant : Jazzhaus Freiburg GmbH". Jazzhausrecords.com. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Danny Bryant talks Trout, tours and Trev Wilkinson". MusicRadar. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Danny Bryant – Fret King Guitar Endorsee". Fret-king.com. Archived from the original on 21 October 2011. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Fret-King Corona DBR | Guitar reviews". MusicRadar. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Blackstar Endorsed Artists | Blackstar Amplification". Blackstaramps.com. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Artists – UK". Elixirstrings.co.uk. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Welcome to Continental Record Services". Continental.nl. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.