Danny C. Reeves
|Danny C. Reeves|
|Member of the United States Sentencing Commission|
March 21, 2017
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky|
December 10, 2001
|Appointed by||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Seat established by 114 Stat. 2762|
|Born||Danny C. Reeves
1957 (age 59–60)
|Education||Eastern Kentucky University B.A.
Salmon P. Chase College of Law J.D.
Danny C. Reeves (born 1957) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
Early life and education
Born in Corbin, Kentucky, Reeves received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Eastern Kentucky University in 1978 and a Juris Doctor from Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University in 1981. He was a law clerk to Judge Eugene E. Siler, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Eastern & Western Districts of Kentucky from 1981 to 1983. He was in private practice in Kentucky from 1983 to 2001.
Federal judicial service
Reeves is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky. Reeves was nominated by President George W. Bush on September 4, 2001, to a new seat created by 114 Stat. 2762. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on December 6, 2001, and received his commission on December 10, 2001.
Nomination to United States Sentencing Commission
On March 15, 2016 President Barack Obama nominated Reeves for a position on the United States Sentencing Commission, which will expire on October 31, 2021. On July 13, 2016 a hearing on his nomination was held before the Senate Judiciary Committee. His nomination expired with the end of the 114th Congress on January 3, 2017. He was renominated by President Obama on January 17, 2017. His nomination was withdrawn by President Donald Trump on February 28, 2017, but Trump renominated him on March 1, 2017. His nomination was reported to the floor of the United States Senate by the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 9, 2017. His nomination was confirmed by a vote of 97-0.
- (Archived) "President Bush to Nominate One Individual to Serve in his Administration, Sixteen Individuals to Serve as Members of the Federal Judiciary, and Twelve Individuals to Serve as United States Attorneys", White House, August 2, 2001
- "President Obama Nominates Judge Danny C. Reeves to Serve on the United States Sentencing Commission", White House, March 15, 2016
- "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate", White House, March 15, 2016
- United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary: Nominations for July 13, 2016
- Danny C. Reeves at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
Seat established by 114 Stat. 2762
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky