A veteran player from the Johnston City era, a teacher, an author, and today working as a commentator for Accu-Stats, DiLiberto is an active member of the pocket billiards community. He was elected into the One Pocket Hall of Fame in 2004 for his "outstanding contribution to the legacy of the game of one pocket".
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)
Before DiLiberto became interested in pocket billiards, he was a professional boxer. In 2006, he was inducted into Buffalo's Ring 44 Boxing Hall of Fame for his accomplishments in the sport. He is also known for having rolled a perfect game of bowling.
The 1981 BCA National Eight-Ball Championship was a memorable victory for DiLiberto when he faced Nick Varner in the finals. Running out the deciding match was most appropriate for DiLiberto in what was until then a neck-and-neck race to 7 for the win.
A book was written by pool journalist Jerry Forsyth about Danny DiLiberto entitled "Road Player, the Danny DiLiberto Story".
On October 20, 2011, Diliberto was inducted into the Billiard Congress of America's Hall of Fame. The ceremony took place alongside the 36th annual US Open 9-Ball Championships.
- 1960 and 1961 Straight Pool City Championship
- 1962 Straight Pool New York State Championship
- 1963 Straight Pool, U. S. Masters
- 1969 U.S. Masters Straight Pool Tournament
- 1972 Tournament of Champions, Johnston City, Illinois
- 1972 World All Around Champion, Johnston City, Illinois
- 1981 BCA National Eight Ball Tournament
- 1982 Busch Southern Nine Ball Classic
- 1983 World One Pocket Tournament
- 1984 Classic Cup Nine Ball Tournament
- 1985 Eastern States Straight Pool Tournament
- 1985 World Mixed Couples Nine Ball Tournament
- 1989 Western States Nine Ball Tournament
- 1996 Senior Tour Nine Ball Tournament
- 1997 French Open Nine Ball Tournament
- 1998 French National Nine Ball Tournament
- "2004 One Pocket Hall of Fame", OnePocket.org. Retrieved 5 June 2008
- "DANNY DILIBERTO". Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Hall of Fame". Ring 44 Buffalo Veteran Boxers Association. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Danny DiLiberto Player Profile", InternationalPoolTour.com, International Pool Tour, Retrieved 5 June 2008
- "Campos and DiLiberto in BCA Bash", page 19, October 1981 The National Billiards News. Retrieved 6 June 2008
- "Road Player, The Danny DiLiberto Story", Amazon.com. Retrieved 5 June 2008.