|Birth name||Dan Singer|
|Also known as|
|Born||December 20, 1971|
Manhattan, New York, US
Dan Singer (born December 20, 1971), known professionally as Danny Diablo a.k.a. Lord Ezec, is an American hardcore punk and hip hop recording artist, record producer, actor and model. He is a current member of underground hip hop acts The ShotBlockers, KAOS 13 and FTW, and a founding member of hardcore bands Crown Of Thornz, Skarhead and Icepick, which gained him huge success on the New York hardcore scene.
He started writing graffiti at an early age under the moniker Lord Ezec.
He was stabbed with an 8-inch screwdriver and nearly died in 1993. He was almost charged by the court because of the beating the stabber took. He spent about two months at St. Vincent's Hospital in Manhattan.
Diablo was arrested for attempted murder in 1998 and swore to change his life with music when he was released.
Lord Ezec formed NYHC band Crown Of Thornz in 1994 with former Breakdown guitarist Mike Dijan, Dimi on drums, Steve O'Brien and Franklin Rhi on bass. In 1995, the band released their debut EP Train Yard Blues on Equal Vision Records, a dedication to Ezec's younger brother David, who had committed suicide the previous year. The following year the group released Mentally Vexed. After their hiatus from 1998 to 2013, Crown Of Thornz reunited at Ieper Fest in Belgium and This Is Hardcore in Philadelphia, and went on a North American tour with Rancid and The Transplants.
After a victorious run as the frontman of Crown Of Thornz, Ezec decided to set a new trend with his street blend of hardcore, metal, hip hop and punk, founding a new music genre he calls thugcore, with the Skarhead. The band consisted of Madball's guitarists Brian "Mitts" Daniels and Hoya Roc, former White Trash bassist Aaron "White Owl" Collins, Murphy's Law's and Misfits' drummer Eric "Goat" Arce, and Puerto Rican Mike from District 9. Skarhead's debut Drugs, Money & Sex EP was released in 1997. The band soon signed to Victory Records for the release of the New York hardcore record Kings At Crime, which hit stores in 1999. The band also had success with their sophomore LP Drugs, Music & Sex, released in 2009. In 2011, European label I Scream Records released the album Dreams Don't Die, Skarhead's tribute to some of Lord Ezec's favorite bands from the era between 1986 and 1989.
In 1996, Singer collaborated with Jamey Jasta to form the metalcore band Icepick, which served as a side project of Hatebreed. Along with their bandmates Derek Kerswill, Wayne Lozinak and Frank Novinec, the group remained virtually stagnant until the song "Born To Crush You" appeared on UFC: Ultimate Beat Downs, Vol. 1 in August 2004. Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski frequently uses their song "Onward To Victory" as his entrance music for fights. Icepick's debut album, Violent Epiphany, was released on April 18, 2006 under Jasta's record label Stillborn Records.
Diablo's first solo recording began with "D.R.E.A.M." by The Transplants, which mentioned him to sign with Travis Barker of Blink-182's LaSalle Records for the 2005 release of his Hardcore 4 Life EP. Diablo included some of its tracks on Thugcore 4 Life record released in 2007, featuring the Tim Armstrong-produced track "Living By The Gun". His friendship with Armstrong remained, and he moved to Epitaph Records and signed with Tim's Hellcat Records to release his sophomore solo album International Hardcore Superstar in 2009, with guest appearances by La Coka Nostra members, Vinnie Paz, Sick Jacken and Tim himself.
In early 2012, Diablo founded his own independent record label, ILL-ROC Records and released his third album, The Blood Of Eden, which featured Madchild, Bizarre, Adil Omar, and the ILL-ROC roster. He went to Paris, France and released his fourth album, Dollerz Make Sense, in 2016 via Knives Out Records.
Singer has done modeling for clothing companies like Tribal gear, Joker Brand, Famous Stars and Straps, and Ssur, and has appeared in numerous magazines, on covers and in ads. He has a clothing company called Lord Ezec Street Wear, which is a part of the clothing line Hatewear.
In the 2008 criminal drama action movie The Crack Down, directed, written and produced by Charles Nordeen, Israel Rodriguez, a character based on his real-life personality. He was also a featured artist in Frank Pavich's New York Hardcore documentary. Singer directed and starred in several music videos.
He has made vocal appearances with Natasha Nicholson, Ceekay Jones, Jay R, Grizz, and Prince Metropolitan.
- 2007 - Thugcore 4 Life
- 2009 - International Hardcore Superstar
- 2012 - The Blood Of Eden
- 2016 - Doller Make Sense
- 2017 - The Crackson Heights Project
- 2005 - Hardcore 4 Life
- 2003 - The Street CD Volume 1
- 2005 - Street C.D. Volume # 2
- 2008 - Hardcore 4 The Coldhearted
- 2008 - When Worlds Collide (w/ The Vendetta)
|2001||"Unified"||Biohazard, Roger Miret, Puerto Rican Mike||Uncivilization|
|2004||"Spit My Rage"||Terror, Jamie Jasta||One With The Underdogs|
|"Watch Your Back"||Necro||The Pre-Fix For Death|
|2005||"Unstoppable"||Subzero||The Suffering Of Man|
|2007||"Put 'Em Up"||Big B||More To Hate|
|2008||"Nothing To Prove"||H2O||Nothing To Prove|
|"Desperados"||Riviera Regime, Necro||Real Soldierz Ride|
|2013||"Go Fuck Yourself"||Deez Nutz||Bout It!|
- "Rapper Danny Diablo holds true to his hardcore roots". NewsTimes. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "LORD EZEC (@DannyDiablo) | Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Danny Diablo". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "The Icepick - Biography | Billboard". www.billboard.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Danny Diablo – 11/25/07 | Faygoluvers". www.faygoluvers.net. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Danny Diablo :: Thugcore 4 Life :: Suburban Noize Records". www.rapreviews.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Hellcat Records - Artist - Danny Diablo". www.hell-cat.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "ILL-ROC SOLDIERS (@ILLROCSOLDIERS) | Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "KNIVES OUT RECORDS | DANNY DIABLO". www.knivesoutrecords.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- The Crack Down — трейлеры, даты премьер — КиноПоиск (in Russian), retrieved 2017-01-30
- "Son of Skarhead - Skam Dust | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-11-13.
- "International Hardcore Superstar by Danny Diablo". TIDAL - High Fidelity Music Streaming. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "FTW - The World is Fucked (limited edition cd), by FTW". Danny Diablo. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "Danny Diablo | Biography, Albums, Streaming Links | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Danny Diablo". Danny Diablo. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Danny Diablo". Discogs. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "LORD EZEC (@DannyDiablo) | Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.