Fernandes at the 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards
|Born||September 16, 1985|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Dancer, Songwriter|
|Years active||1997 – present|
|Labels||formerly with CP Records|
|Associated acts||Shawn Desman, Girlicious, Belly, Marianas Trench, Tyler Medeiros|
Danny Fernandes is of Portuguese descent. He has a younger brother named Jonathan and they are both the younger brothers of Canadian artist Shawn Desman (born Shawn Fernandes). He also is a cousin to another Canadian singer Tyler Medeiros, who signed to Danny's former record label CP records.
At 16, Danny Fernandes won two consecutive Rising Star awards in the annual CNE dance contest held at Cherrytree Public School located in Brampton, Ontario, near Toronto. He became the youngest member of the Toronto Raptors' famed Dance Pak and began to appear regularly as a backup dancer in music videos.
After graduating from Cherrytree Public School, Danny started playing showcases at clubs in Europe (Germany, Switzerland, and Austria), Fernandes signed with the Canadian CP Records (Capital Prophet Records) and released his debut album Intro. Danny went out on tour across Canada as the opening act for Akon and Sean Kingston.
On October 14, 2008, CP Records released "Curious", featuring Juelz Santana, the first of four singles from Intro. "Curious" was followed by "Private Dancer", featuring Belly; "Never Again"; and "Fantasy", the most successful of the four, peaking at Number 25 on the Canadian Hot 100 and spending 14 weeks on Canadian radio.
Fernandes's second album, AutomaticLUV, was released by CP Records on November 2, 2010, with the first single called "Automatic" featuring Belly. The second single off the album was called "Take Me Away" and the third "Hit Me Up" which once again featured Belly and Josh Ramsay from the Canadian band Marianas Trench. The single reached Number 22 on the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 charts and the video single reached Number 1 on the MuchMusic Countdown.
He released his third studio album, Breathe Again on August 27, 2013 on CP Records. The album was preceded by the singles "Fly Again (Broken Wings)" and "Come Back Down" the video single reached #1 on the MuchMusic Countdown.
Since the release of his third album, Fernandes has still continued to work on new music. In 2015, he released a single called "Gogo" featuring Kevin McCall. In 2016, he released a collaborative single with Tom-E called "Dear Life" featuring iSH. The single was certified Gold by Music Canada.
|2008||"Curious" (featuring Juelz Santana)||65||Intro|
|"Private Dancer" (featuring Belly)||32|
|2010||"Automatic" (featuring Belly)||41||AutomaticLUV|
|2011||"Take Me Away"||39|
|"Feel It" (featuring Shawn Desman)||—|
|"Hit Me Up" (featuring Josh Ramsay & Belly)||22||
|2013||"Fly Again (Broken Wings)"||—||Breathe Again|
|"Come Back Down"||42|
|2015||"Gogo" (featuring Kevin McCall)||—||Non-album single|
|2016||"Dear Life" (with Tom-E featuring iSH)||—||
|2009||"Passenger" (DY featuring Danny Fernandes)||—||Non-album single|
|2010||"Girlfriend" (Tyler Medeiros featuring Danny Fernandes)||90||TM|
|2011||"Treat U Right" (JRDN featuring Danny Fernandes)||—||Non-album single|
|"Turn It Up" (Mia Martina featuring Belly and Danny Fernandes)||—||Devotion|
|2012||"I Can Be Your Ride" (Big Lean featuring Danny Fernandes)||—||Non-album singles|
|2013||"On A Roll" (Jigz Crillz featuring Danny Fernandes)||—|
- 2008/2009: The Girlicious Tour (Danny Fernandes opening act)
- 2009: Fantasy Tour
- 2010: SodaPOP 2010: Emily Osment Tour (Danny Fernandes opening act)
- 2010: AutomaticLuv Tour with JRDN
- 2016: Dear Life Asia Tour
Awards / Nominations
- At the 2009 MuchMusic Video Awards on June 21, 2009, Danny Fernandes won the Best Canadian Pop Video of the Year for Private Dancer directed by Ren, produced by Renaud Stanton Dupré through The Field Inc. production company.
- In April–May 2009, he had also been nominated to People's Choice: Favourite New Canadian Artist/Group category and his single "Fantasy" was nominated for People's Choice: Favourite Canadian Video category in the vote leading to 2009 MuchMusic Video Awards.
- He was nominated for a Juno at the 2010 Juno Awards in the Best New Canadian Artist category.
- In 2010 he won Favourite Pop Canadian Artist at the Canadian Indie Awards.
- In 2011 Mike Portoghese – Post-Production/Director, along with Producer: Bruce Carson, Rory Halsall, and Production Company: The NE Inc., won "Best Post Production of the Year" at the MMVA's for Automatic 
- In 2012 Marc André Debruyne – Director, along with Production Company: The NE Inc., won "Director of the Year" at the MMVA's for Hit Me Up feat. Josh Ramsay & Belly
- Danny Fernandes. Maple Music. Retrieved on December 6, 2011.
- Karaoke Star Jr. judges
- AllMusic. Danny Fernandes, Breathe Again. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Music Canada: Gold & Platinum. musiccanada.com. Retrieved on October 8, 2016.
- "Dear Life Tour". Danny Fernandes. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- MuchMusic Video Awards Nominees and Winners Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Mmva.muchmusic.com. Retrieved on December 6, 2011.
- "2010 Indies Winners". Archived from the original on August 20, 2010. Retrieved May 8, 2010.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link). Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- MMVA 2011 nominees Archived June 23, 2011, at WebCite. muchmusic.com. Retrieved July 6, 2011
- Danny Fernandes Official Website
- Danny Fernandes on Twitter
- on 's channelYouTube
- Danny Fernandes on Facebook