|Full name||Danny Alberto Fonseca Bravo|
|Date of birth||7 November 1979|
|Place of birth||Cartago, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 June 2014.
A native of Cartago, Fonseca has played the majority of his career at local side Cartaginés. In February 2013 he tied club legend Leonel Hernández for most league games played for the club, with 360. He also had a few seasons at Brujas, but returned to Cartaginés in May 2010.
He made his senior debut for Costa Rica in a February 2003 UNCAF Nations Cup match against Honduras and collected a total of 28 caps, scoring 2 goals. He represented his country in 4 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and was selected as a member of the Costa Rica squad at the 2006 FIFA World Cup finals. He was the first player to be booked in the FIFA World Cup 2006 during his country's 4-2 defeat to Germany. Also he played at the 2003 and 2005 UNCAF Nations Cups as well as at the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup. He was a non-playing squad member at the 2004 Copa América.
- Scores and results list Costa Rica's goal tally first.
|1.||9 November 2005||Stade d'Honneur de Dillon, Fort-de-France, Martinique||France||2–0||2–3||Friendly match|
|2.||1 March 2006||Azadi Stadium, Teheran, Iran||Iran||2–3||2–3||Friendly match|
- Danny Fonseca empatará récord de Leonel Hernández - Nación (Spanish)
- Danny Fonseca vuelve al Cartaginés - Nación (Spanish)
- Danny Fonseca entra al club de los 500 - UNAFUT (Spanish)
- Danny Fonseca – FIFA competition record
- Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup 2003 - Details Archived 2010-01-17 at WebCite - RSSSF
- Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup 2005 - Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2005 - Full Details Archived October 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- Copa América 2004 Archived October 22, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
|This biographical article related to Costa Rican Association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|