Jones performing onstage as part of McFly in 2006
Daniel Alan David Jones
12 March 1986
|Spouse(s)||Georgia Horsley (m. 2014)|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, harmonica, shaker, bass guitar, drums|
Danny Jones (born 12 March 1986) is an English musician who is one of the lead vocalists and the lead guitarist for pop-rock band McFly. Jones's fellow band members are Tom Fletcher (rhythm guitarist and vocals), Dougie Poynter (bass and vocals), and Harry Judd (drums). Jones is married to former Miss England, Georgia Horsley.
McFly rose to fame in 2004, partly due to their association with Busted; McFly supported Busted on their A Present for Everyone Tour. Jones met Fletcher when he auditioned for the "boy band" V (he mistakenly perceived V as similar in style to the future Busted). Fletcher, who was filming the auditions for Island Records, later approached Jones. The two conversed and discovered common interests, leading to a songwriting session between Fletcher, Jones and Busted's James Bourne.
When they finished writing projects for Busted, Fletcher and Jones began writing for their own, then-unnamed band. They temporarily moved into the InterContinental Hotel in London, United Kingdom (UK). Drummer Judd and bassist Poynter were subsequently recruited through an advertisement placed by Fletcher and Jones in NME magazine.
Jones, working with his fellow band members, has co-written all five of McFly's studio albums. He also penned three of his own solo tracks on the first three McFly albums. He has also produced tracks for McFly and other musicians; for example, he produced the song, "Only The Strong Survive", from McFly's fourth studio album "Radio:ACTIVE", as well as his band's cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella". Jones has also been listed as a producer for McFly's 6th studio album, which has still not been released but will soon be according to the band. He has also produced countless demos for his band, alongside Fletcher. Jones also takes the role of lead guitarist in most performances, with Fletcher playing rhythm guitar. He can be seen performing solos in songs such as "That Girl", "I Wanna Hold You", "Everybody Knows", and "Transylvania".
As a side project, Jones works on remixes for his band's songs, including "Party Girl" or "Nowhere Left to Run", and "Take Me There". Some remixes can be found as b-sides on singles released from the album Above the Noise.
Jones is a keen producer/DJ and footballer, as is McFly. He assisted Alan Shearer in a charity match in which England beat the rest of the world. After McFly's direction changed it was announced he would remix "Party Girl" as a b-side of the single after that he remixed "Nowhere Left to Run" for the "That's the Truth" single. After this success Jones played songs such as "Take Me There" or "End of the World" and "IF U C Kate" as well as his other remixes. Jones also works with DJ Roger Sanchez under the name 'The Saturn V'. Jones has toured England as a DJ and is set to release songs called "Gone" and "Around Me" with Sanchez, also a remix of Rihanna's song "We Found Love". Jones produced a bonus track for One Direction on their second album Take Me Home and wrote "Don't Forget Where You Belong" from their third album Midnight Memories.
Early life/Personal Life
Jones was born and raised in Bolton, Greater Manchester, where his mother runs a hairdressing business. He got his education at Thornleigh Salesian College. He and his sister Vicky were interested in music from an early age. In 2014 Vicky took part in the third series of The Voice but was eliminated during the battle round. Jones attended Bury College where he studied for a BTEC National Diploma in music.
Their father walked out on the family when Danny was eighteen and it left a lasting impression on him. Not long after, he co-wrote the song "Don't Know Why" (from Wonderland) with Vicky. The McFly song "The Ballad of Paul K", which he co-wrote with McFly bandmate Dougie Poynter, whose father also left home, was based on both their experiences. Jones has rarely spoken of his father and only briefly mentioned him in McFly's autobiography.
List Of Danny Jones TV/Film/Event Appearances
|2007||Doctor Who||Cameo With Mcfly|
|2007||Ghosthunting With...||With Mcfly|
|2008||The F Word UK||With Mcfly|
|2008||8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown||Panelist|
|2009||All Star Family Fortunes||Against Zoe Lucker|
|2010||Popstar to Operastar||Contestant|
|2013||The Mcfly Show||One off ITV Special|
|2013||Nevermind the Buzzcocks||Panelist|
|2017–||The Voice Kids UK||Coach/Judge|
|2006||Just My Luck||With Mcfly|
|2006||T4 On The Beach||With Mcfly|
|2007||T4 On The Beach||With Mcfly|
|2007||Nickelodeon UK Kids Choice Awards||With Mcfly|
|2008||T4 On The Beach||With Mcfly|
(For awards won with McFly, see: McFly Awards)
|2018||"Is This Still Love"||N/A|
|2019||"Talk In The Morning"||EP|
- "Q&A: Danny Jones". The Guardian. 21 October 2006.
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1984–2005
- "Top of the class, top of the charts — Danny Jones, guitarist and vocalist in McFly". The Guardian. 20 July 2004.
- Staff (2008). "Danny Jones – McFly" (PDF). Sound Rights. UK Music. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 January 2014. Retrieved 27 June 2012.
- Alexis Petridis (23 July 2004). "Mad about the boys". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 23 November 2007.
- "Debut McFly album track by track". /www.mcflyofficial.com McFlyOfficial.com. Archived from the original on 24 December 2007. Retrieved 23 November 2007. See track three, "Room on the Third Floor".
- Room on the 3rd Floor (Media notes). McFly. 2004.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Wonderland (Media notes). McFly. 2005.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Motion in the Ocean (Media notes). McFly. 2006.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "It's all about mum's salon for McFly star Danny Jones". The Bolton News. 2 May 2011.
- "Danny Jones from McFly gets married". The Bolton News. 4 August 2014.
- Staff (21 November 2004). "McFly rule at Smash Hits awards". CBBC Newsround. BBC. Retrieved 27 June 2012.
- Unknown (2006). "Danny @ Smash Hits Awards 2005" (Video). Google Video. Google. Retrieved 27 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danny Jones.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to McFly.|