Danny O'Donnell (footballer, born 1986)
|Full name||Daniel O'Donnell|
|Date of birth||10 March 1986|
|Place of birth||Rainford, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2006–2007||→ Crewe Alexandra (loan)||25||(1)|
|2014||Ballarat Red Devils|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Born in Rainford, Merseyside, O'Donnell was 16 years old when he was spotted by Liverpool playing in a local amateur league for his village side 'Rainford Rangers'. He joined Liverpool in 2002, and moved up through the ranks, and was captain of the under-18 side. He was promoted to train with the first-team at Melwood in 2005. He was included in the Liverpool squad for the 2005 FIFA Club World Championship, and was given the number 5 shirt for the tournament.
O'Donnell featured in Liverpool's pre-season friendlies against Wrexham and Crewe and excelled on both occasions. He played well enough to impress Crewe to make a move to get him on loan. It was announced on 7 August 2006 that he would join Crewe on a six-month loan deal and would wear the number 37 shirt. His loan deal was extended in December 2006. On 13 June, he signed for Crewe permanently for a fee rising to £300,000. He was released by Crewe in June 2010.
On 27 January 2011 he joined Stockport County until the end of the season and made his debut two days later in his new club's 4–0 defeat at Rotherham.  In May 2011 he was offered a new one-year deal by the club which the club announced he had signed in July 2011. He was offered a further one-year contract by the club in May 2012. Danny scored his final goal for the club on 4 September in the home loss to local rivals Macclesfield town, he bundled home a corner to make the score 3–3 but a late own goal by James Tunnicliffe gave the silkmen the three points.
Ballarat Red Devils
On March 10, 2014, it was revealed that O'Donnell would be moving to Australia to the Ballarat Red Devils ahead of their inaugural National Premier League Victoria season. O'Donnell returned to England after visa issues ahead of the 2015 season.
In March 2015 Danny O'Donnell joined Workington AFC until the end of the season.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. p. 316. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Crewe To Sign Liverpool Youngster". Crewe Alexandra F.C. 7 August 2006. Archived from the original on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Crewe sign Liverpool's O'Donnell". BBC Sport. 8 August 2006. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- Pen Portrait: Danny O'Donnell (Liverpool & Crewe Alexandra) Archived 14 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- "O'Donnell to stay". Crewe Alexandra F.C. 20 December 2006. Retrieved 31 December 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Crewe Alex: Gradi starts squad overhaul". The Sentinel. Archived from the original on 12 May 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Dale look at O'Donnell". Sky Sports. 14 July 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Shrews secure O'Donnell deal". Sky Sports. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Shrewsbury Town release defender Daniel O'Donnell". BBC Sport. 30 December 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Daniel O'Donnell signs". Stockport County F.C. 27 January 2011. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Rotherham 4–0 Stockport". BBC Sport. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "2011–12 retained list revealed". Stockport County F.C. 25 May 2011. Archived from the original on 2 April 2012.
- "New Kits & Welcome Back to Danny, Danny and Andy". Stockport County F.C. 8 July 2011. Archived from the original on 2 April 2012.
- Hatters squad taking shape[permanent dead link] Stockport County F.C. 9 May 2012
- Big deal: Red Devils recruit Liverpool player Danny O'Donnell Ballarat Courier.
- O'Donnell quits Red Devils over visa bungle Ballarat Courier
- Workington Reds sign ex-Liverpool defender until end of season Archived 14 April 2015 at Archive.is News & Star
- Danny O'Donnell at Soccerbase