|Full name||Chima Daniel Uchechi|
|Date of birth||14 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Abia State, Nigeria|
|2009–2010||West Ham United||0||(0)|
|2011||→ Leicester City (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Sheffield Wednesday (loan)||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 January 2014.
Uchechi was born in Abia State and moved to England in 2002. Uchechi scored 13 goals with the Charlton Athletic under-18 team, then added five goals in reserve squad matches in 2008–09 season. Uchechi signed for West Ham United in spring 2009. After being released by West Ham, Uchechi returned in summer 2010 to Nigeria National League side FC Dender.
Loan to Leicester City
Uchechi was loaned in January 2011 to Leicester City. He was not given a squad number for the 2010–11 season for Leicester City and did not feature for the first team. In a reserve game for Leicester City, against San Jose Earthquakes in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Belvoir Drive, he scored a penalty after Miguel Vítor had been fouled in the penalty area.
Trials with UK clubs
Uchechi was to start the 2011/2012 pre-season training with Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen, where he eventually signed a six-month deal. Nigerian team mate Sone Aluko also played there before moving to Glasgow Rangers. On 20 July 2011, however, Uchechi played the second half of a pre-season friendly for English side Peterborough United on trial.
Loan to Sheffield Wednesday
Following a successful short trial at Sheffield Wednesday, Megson was impressed with his good feet, good pace and ability to get a goal and offered him a loan move until January 2012. Uchechi became Gary Megson's seventh summer recruit and was given the number 27. He made his Owls debut in the League Cup win against Blackpool on 11 August 2011 just hours after he put pen to paper. On 24 November 2011 it was confirmed that his loan spell with the club had been cut short.
Aberdeen FC's Craig Brown signed Uchechi on a six-month deal, with the possibility of a two-year extension, on 31 January 2012 after a week-long trial.
He signed with Dalkurd, another Swedish club in April 2014.
Uchechi received his first international callup in the 2008 Intercontinental Cup in Malaysia. He was called up for an African Youth Championship qualifier in Senegal, and for both legs against Sudan, but had to pull out with injury. He played three games by the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup for the Nigeria national under-20 football team.
- Uchechi: A Patriot From Queen's Land −020809[dead link]
- Charlton's Uchechi set to join Wigan[dead link]
- Charlton Profile
- West Ham Pick Up Promising Charlton Youngster, Danny Uchechi[dead link]
- "Leicester boss Eriksson lands Daniel Uchechi from FC Dender". Yahoo!. 1 February 2011.
- Tunchev Returns In Quakes Friendly Leicester City F.C..COM, 24 February 2011
- "Uchechi on trial with Posh". Peterborough United official website. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Sheffield Wed | Owls secure loan forward". Sheffield Wednesday F.C. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "Sheffield Wednesday 0–0 Blackpool (4–2 penalties)". BBC News. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "Owls boss confirms Uchechi departure". Vitalfootball. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Spelare från Premier League klar för AFC United". afcunited. 26 November 2012. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- Charlton Addickt. "Uchechi Inspires Nigeria to International Success". Charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk.
- "FIFA.com – FIFA Spielerstatistik Danny UCHECHI". FIFA.