|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Daniel T. Himler|
|Genres||Rock, Glam metal|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, acoustic bass guitar, mandolin, harmonica, percussion, tambourine|
Music for Nations
Danny Vaughn (born Daniel T. Himler) is an American singer. Vaughn has performed with Waysted, Tyketto and Vaughn and now performs and releases under his own name. He is also a lead singer in the Ultimate Eagles.
The line up of Vaughn's backing band consists of guitarist Tony Marshall (ex-Contagious), Pat Heath (ex-Brave New World), Steve McKenna (ex-Ten) and Lee Morris (ex-Paradise Lost). This line up recorded and released the The Traveller album in February 2007. Vaughn and Marshall started the promotion of the album by doing a two-man acoustic tour opening up for Journey's UK tour in March. The whole band toured throughout the UK in May and June 2007.
Tyketto have played mini-tours in both 2004 and 2007. In April, 2008 the band played in Brazil with a further performance planned for Firefest V in Nottingham in October, 2008. They released a single, "Faithless", in March 2012, in advance of their new album "Dig In Deep" to be released in April.
Though primarily known for his work with the above bands, Vaughn has also released albums with Flesh & Blood (Blues for Daze) and From the Inside (From the Inside). A new From the Inside album entitled "Visions" was released in July 2008.
July 2009 saw Vaughn release a new live album entitled "The Road Les Travelled". Recorded in Newcastle, England in December 2008 the album features Vaughn & band run through an unplugged set of songs from throughout the singer's career. The album was released via UK rock website HardRockHouse.com and is available exclusively through the site.
Danny Vaughn has brought out a new album on June 14, 2010 called "Reprise". It is a collection of Vaughn's best known songs including "Soldiers and Sailors on Riverside", (live) and a few surprises like "House of Cards", which was only released on a single before. Besides this, there are old and new photographs and a new interview of Vaughn. Vaughn has done a deal with Hard Rock House who are selling the album online for him.
On March 21, 2009, Danny Vaughn asked his girlfriend Melissa White to marry him. Their wedding was on September 4 of the same year. Photographs of the wedding can be seen on Melissa Vaughn's Myspace.
- Save Your Prayers - Waysted (1986)
- Don't Come Easy - Tyketto (1991)
- Strength in Numbers - Tyketto (1994)
- Take Out and Served Up Live - Tyketto (1996)
- Blues for Daze - Flesh & Blood (1997)
- Soldiers & Sailors on Riverside - Vaughn (2000)
- Fearless - Vaughn (2001)
- Standing Alone - Danny Vaughn (2002)
- Forever Live - Vaughn (2002)
- From The Inside - From The Inside (2004)
- Traveller - Danny Vaughn (2007)
- The Last Sunset: Farewell - Tyketto (2007)
- Visions - From The Inside (2008)
- Back In The Fast Lane - The Illegal Eagles (2008)
- The Road Less Travelled - Danny Vaughn (2009)
- Reprise - Danny Vaughn (2010)
- Dig In Deep - Tyketto (2012)
- Simplified - Burning Kingdom (2013)
- "Reach"-Tyketto (2016)