Christopher Daniel Zeischegg
October 21, 1985
|Other names||Daniel, Danny Wilde|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||169 lb (77 kg)|
Danny Wylde was born on October 21, 1985 in Alameda County, California. As a teenager, he attended hardcore punk shows and shortly afterward became straight edge. Wylde completed six years of undergraduate study.
Pornographic career and advocacy
Wylde contributed an entry entitled "Our Pornography" to The Feminist Porn Book: The Politics of Producing Pleasure, a collection of essays written by feminist porn scholars and feminists in the adult film industry. Wylde and his girlfriend, fellow porn star Lily Labeau, contributed a film of themselves having sex to the website MakeLoveNotPorn, which aims to "provide more realistic information about human sexuality than that provided by hardcore pornography". The couple later appeared on The Jeff Probst Show with MakeLoveNotPorn founder Cindy Gallop to discuss the site.
More recently, Wylde has been active in opposing Measure B, which requires all porn stars to wear condoms during vaginal and anal sex scenes filmed in Los Angeles County. In April 2013, he appeared alongside fellow pornographic actor Steven St. Croix to debate the measure on a HuffPost Live discussion panel.
In addition to his adult film career, Wylde also produces and directs non-pornographic films. Some of these include Frisk, Nuclear, and Death and Sportsbras, all of which starred Guy Perry. Nuclear and another of his films, The Extraordinary Monday of Herman Brumby, have been screened at festivals.
Wylde previously played in tech-metal bands Heuristic and Datura before becoming one half of the synthetic metal band Chiildren, his current project, alongside fellow porn star Chad Fjerstad (also known as Vin Vericose in the adult industry). The band is signed with Bit Riot Records, and has released one EP entitled The Other People. On the influence of pornography on their music, Fjerstad stated:
Sex and our lifestyle play a huge role in the lyrics, and I’m sure subconsciously in the mood of the music as well. The whole concept of [our debut album] ‘The Other People’ is about the separation we feel from everyone who is a non-sex-industry worker. When we go out, we observe the actions and behaviors of the majority of people, and it makes us feel very alien. ‘Milos’ is inspired by the extremely controversial ‘A Serbian Film,’ which is about an ex-pornstar thrown into a nightmarish snuff-world. We both found quite a bit of influence in that film. All of our stuff is littered with sex and violence — we can’t really escape it. At least not at this point in our lives.
Wylde has published two full length novels, Come to My Brother and The Wolves That Live in Skin and Space and one collection of writings, Body to Job. He also maintains a regular blog, Trve West Coast Fiction where he chronicles his life largely outside of his career in pornography. Additionally, his written works have been featured on Smitten Kitten Online and the Bibliophile Érotique by Darling House blog, among other platforms.
Awards and nominations
|2011||Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene, Video||BatfXXX: Dark Night||Bobbi Starr, Dani Jensen, Madelyn Marie, Krissy Lynn, Carolyn Reese, Paul Chaplin, Derrick Pierce, Chris Johnson|
|Nominated||Unsung Male Performer of the Year||N/A||N/A|
|2012||Won||Best Group Sex Scene, Video||Tristan Taormino’s Rough Sex 3: Adrianna’s Dangerous Mind||Adrianna Nicole, Nat Turnher, Keni Styles, Evan Stone|
|Nominated||Best Three-Way Sex Scene, Video||Anarchy||Lizz Tayler, Sascha|
|Nominated||Best Three-Way Sex Scene, Video||Rough Sex 3: Adrianna’s Dangerous Mind||Adrianna Nicole, Keni Styles|
|2013||Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene, Video||Chanel Preston: No Limits||Chanel Preston, Alex Gonz, Billy Glide, Marco Banderas, Will Powers|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene, Video||Star Wars XXX: A Porn Parody||Gia DiMarco, Rihanna Rimes, Derrick Pierce|
- "AVN Danny Wylde Profile". Adult Video News. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Wylde, Danny. "Danny Wylde Blogger Profile". Danny Wylde. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- We Talked to Porn Star-Turned-Novelist-Turned Metalcore Frontman of Chiildren Danny Wylde noisey.vice.com July 17 2015. Accessed 21 February 2017.
- Wylde, Danny (February 24, 2011). "I'm Just a Straight Edge Porn Star". Dodsonandross.com. Archived from the original on March 1, 2011. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Wylde, Danny. "In College". Blogger, Danny Wylde. Archived from the original on August 7, 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Christopher Zeischegg, How a Former Porn Star's Sex Tape Helped Him Reclaim His Sex Life, Nerve.com, April 2, 2014
- "The feminist porn book : the politics of producing pleasure". WorldCat Database. WorldCat. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Buckley, Cara (September 7, 2012). "Spreading the Word (and Pictures) on 'Real' Sex". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Backstories are hot". MakeLoveNotPorn. MakeLoveNotPorn. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Faircloth, Kelly. "With MakeLoveNotPorn.tv, the Irrepressible Cindy Gallop Aims to Give Porn a Reality Check". BetaBeat. Observer. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Trost, Matthew. "Cindy Gallop: Make love, not porn". TED Talks. TED Conferences, LLC. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "The Secret Lives of Adult Film Stars". CBS News, Jeff Probst Show. CBS Television Distribution. Archived from the original on 13 December 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- The Jeff Probst Show. "Influence of Pornography on Society". Yahoo! Shine. Yahoo!. Archived from the original on 9 April 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- The Jeff Probst Show (November 9, 2012). "How Pornography is Changing the Way We Have Sex". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Porn Permit Mayhem". HuffPost Live. Huffington Post. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Guy Perry Resume". Actors Access. Breakdown Services, Ltd. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Danny, Wylde. "Festival Screened Work". Trve West Coast Fiction. Blogger, Danny Wylde. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Levinson, Ari. "The Extraordinary Monday of Herman Brumby (IML Honors Thesis Project)". USC School of Cinematic Arts. University of Southern California. Archived from the original on 2 June 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Kaiser, Emily. "Vivid-Alt's Vin Vericose transforms from Minnesota boy to porn star". City Pages News. City Pages, LLC. Archived from the original on 18 May 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Chiildren". Chiildren Site. Bit Riot Records. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Poitras, Andrew. "L.A. BLACK METAL EXPERIMENTALISTS CHIILDREN EXPLAIN PORN'S EFFECT ON THEIR SYNTH-DRIVEN SOUND". Diffuser.fm. Diffuser.fm. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Chiildren Releases "Girl In The Dirt" Music Video". Metal Underground. Metal Underground. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Horrornews.net (May 7, 2013). "Chiildren Releases Highly Disturbing Music Video For "My Gods"". Horror News. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Wylde, Danny. "Darling House: What You Want". Trve West Coast Fiction. Blogger, Danny Wylde. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Wylde, Danny. "Should Porn Stars Pay for Porn?". Trve West Coast Fiction. Blogger, Danny Wylde. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "2013 AVN Nominations" (PDF). Adult Video News Awards. Adult Video News. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 28, 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2013.