Danny Yee is best known for his large collection of book reviews on a great diversity of subjects. Starting in 1992 via email, in 1993 via Usenet, and especially with their subsequent publication on the World Wide Web, Yee's mostly self-published reviews are widely consulted by readers evaluating book titles.
- August 21, 2006 review of Network Algorithmics: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Designing Fast Networked Devices.
- June 29, 2005 review of The Book of Postfix.
- April 29, 2005 review of Iron Council.
- February 11, 2004 review of Animal Social Complexity - Intelligence and Culture.
- November 5, 2003 review of The Visual Display of Quantitative Information.
Outside of online discussion forums, Yee's reviews are cited in academic articles and printed books, both for their content and as an illustration of the effect of internet distribution on modes of criticism and communication. For example, Critical Pasts discusses the social effect of Yee's reviews; in a similar vein The Art of Assessment treats Yee's work as a case study. Books such as Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing find Yee's review prominent enough to feature in laudatory prefactory notes of later editions.
Yee has also published many of his reviews in printed journals and newsletters such as Linux Journal, Policy, Reports of the National Center for Science Education, and SAGE-AU's journal SAGE Advice.
Professionally, Yee works as a part-time computer systems manager for the Department of Anatomy and Histology, at the University of Sydney. He has been a board member of Electronic Frontiers Australia since 1996 and was Vice-Chair from December 2002 to December 2003.
- ""danny yee" site:slashdot.org - Google Search". google.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- Network Algorithmics - Slashdot Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- The Book of Postfix - Slashdot Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- Iron Council - Slashdot Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- Animal Social Complexity - Intelligence and Culture - Slashdot Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information - Slashdot Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- Philip Smallwood, ed. (2004). Critical Pasts. Bucknell University Press. ISBN 978-0-8387-5595-2.
- Magdalena Ball. The Art of Assessment. ISBN 978-1-920913-10-6.
- Philip Greenspun (1999). Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing. Morgan Kaufmann. ISBN 978-1-55860-534-3.