|Born: January 8, 1994|
Ocumare del Tuy, Miranda, Venezuela
In 2010, the Detroit Tigers signed Vásquez as an international free agent, giving him a $1.2 million signing bonus. Vásquez began the 2012 season with the West Michigan Whitecaps of the Class A Midwest League, but he struggled and was demoted to the Connecticut Tigers of the Class A-Short Season New York–Penn League.
After weighing 171 pounds (78 kg), Vásquez gained 12 pounds (5.4 kg) during the 2012–13 offseason. He began the 2013 season with West Michigan, where he had a .281 batting average with five home runs and 39 runs batted in. In July 2013, the Tigers traded Vásquez and a player to be named later (David Paulino) to the Houston Astros for José Veras. The Astros assigned Vásquez to the Quad Cities River Bandits of the Midwest League. In 2014, Vásquez played for the Lancaster JetHawks of the Class A-Advanced California League.
Domestic violence incident
In 2016, while playing for the Corpus Christi Hooks of the Class AA Texas League, Vásquez was arrested on suspicion of assault and domestic violence, after video cameras at Whataburger Field caught him assaulting his now ex-girlfriend Fabiana Pérez in the stairwell. According to Perez, Vásquez saw her talking to a male friend at the stadium and got upset. The attack left her with a fractured nose and bruises. Perez did not press charges although she said that was not the first time he was violent with her. Major League Baseball placed Vásquez on administrative leave. The Astros subsequently released Vásquez. The domestic violence charge was dismissed by prosecutors after Vásquez paid an undisclosed fine, underwent community service, and took anger management classes. Vásquez and Perez got back together after the assault but their relationship deteriorated soon after. Vásquez has since married another woman.
- "Astros deal closer Veras to Tigers for top OF prospect". Ultimate Astros. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "A bigger, stronger Danry Vasquez delivers the hits for West Michigan Whitecaps". MLive.com. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "Detroit Tigers – Detroit Free Press – freep.com". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "Detroit Tigers announce minor league pitcher David Paulino as 'player to be named later' in José Veras trade". MLive.com. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "Astros get 19-year-old outfielder for Veras". Houston Astros. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "Welcome Danry Vasquez: Newcomer's HR helps Bandits rally for win". Quad-Cities Online. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "Houston Astros prospect Danry Vasquez hits three home runs in single game for Class A Advanced Lancaster JetHawks – MiLB.com News – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "First Three Players Sign for 2018". Lancaster Barnstormers. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- Hansen, Lena (March 27, 2018). "Baseball Player Danry Vasquez's Ex-Girlfriend Breaks Silence About Her Vicious Beating Caught on Video". People.
- "Affidavit shows Hooks outfielder attacks girlfriend at Whataburger Field".
- "Astros Release Prospect Danry Vasquez After Domestic Violence Suspension". MLB Trade Rumors.
- Wolfe, Natalie (14 March 2018). "Baseball star sacked after video emerges of him beating his girlfriend". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "KRIS 6 Exclusive: Surveillance video of Danry Vasquez beating released". KRIStv.com. Retrieved March 13, 2018.