|Princely State of British India|
|•||Independence of India||1948|
|•||1901||898.73 km2 (347 sq mi)|
|Density||20 /km2 (51.9 /sq mi)|
The Danta State or Princely State of Danta was a princely state in India belonging to the Mahi Kantha Agency of the Bombay Presidency during the era of the British Raj. Its capital was in Danta, Banaskantha, now in Gujarat.
The Danta State was founded in 1068. The state was ruled by the Hindu Barad (Parmar) dynasty of Danta and Sudasana, and the head of the erstwhile ruling family of Danta is regarded as the head of the Barad(parmar) clan of Rajputs.
The Barad (parmar) made Chandravati their capital following the Arab conquest of 1200 AD. After the battle against Allauddin Khilji, they migrated to Tarsang. From there they moved to Danta three hundred and eighty years ago. Danta's last ruler signed the accession to join the Indian Union on 6 November 1948.
The present head of the family is Mahipendra Singh, born 17 December 1948 in Bombay, married 6 March 1975 in Jaipur to HH Maharani Chandra Kumari of Karauli. The royal family of Danta now runs a Heritage homestay called "Bhavani Villa Heritage Homestay" close to Mount Abu in Rajasthan.
- 1687 - 1743 Prithvisimhji Gajsinhji Barad Parmar
- 1743 Vikramdeoji Barad Parmar
- 1743 - 17.. Karansinhji Barad Parmar
- 17.. - 17.. Ratansinhji Karansinhji Barad parmar
- 17.. - 1795 Abhaisinhji Barad Parmar
- 1795 - 1800 Mansinhji II Abhaisinhji Barad Parmar
- 1800 - 1823 Jagatsinhji Abhaisinhji Barad Parmad
- 1823 - 1847 Narsinhji Abhaisinhji Barad Parmar
- 1847 - 1859 Jhalamsinhji Narsinhji Barad Parmar
- 1859 - 1860 Sardarsinhji Jhalamsinhji Barad Parmar
- 1860 - 1876 Harisinhji Narsinhji Barad Parmar (b. 1817 - d. 1876)
- 1 Dec 1876 - 1908 Jashwantsinhji Harisinhji Barad Parmar (b. 1850 - d. 1908)
- 16 Jun 1908 - 1925 Hamirsinhji Jashwantsinhji Barad Parmar (b. 1869 - d. 1925)
- 20 Nov 1925 – 15 Aug 1947 Bhavanisinhji Hamirsinhji Barad Parmar (from 2 Jan 1939, Sir Bhavanisinhji Hamirsinhji) (b. 1899 - d. 1961)
|This Indian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|