||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Spinetta performing in Buenos Aires.
|Birth name||Dante Spinetta Salazar|
|Born||December 9, 1976|
|Origin||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Years active||1991–2001 (Illya Kuryaki)
2002–present (as solist)
2011-present (Illya Kuryaki)
|Labels||Universal Music México|
|Associated acts||Illya Kuryaki and the Valderramas|
In 2001 he married choreographer Majo Carnero and had a son, Brando de Dios and daughter Vida Uniqua.
In 1990 Spinetta joined Emmanuel Horvilleur to form the hip-hop duo Illya Kuryaki and the Valderramas. Together, they recorded seven albums and received several awards, including some Gold and Platinum albums.
After 10 years, the duo split and they decided to continue their careers as solo artists.
His first album Elevado was released in 2002. The album contained 17 songs, while first single released for this album was "Donde Vas" which was launched with a promotional video.In 2007 he released his second album, El Apagón, in which he experiments with reggaeton elements added to the hip-hop and rap styles used in his previous work.
- Elevado [High] (2002)
- El Apagón [The Blackout] (2007)
- Pyramide (2010)
- Donde Vas [Where are you going?] (2003)
- En La Mía [My own way] (2007)
- Olvidalo [Forget about it] (feat. Julieta Venegas) (2008)
- Seas Quien Seas [Whoever you are] (2008)
- Mostro [Monster] (2010)
- Pa Trás [Street talk for "Going Backwards"] (feat. Residente Calle 13) (2010)
- Pyramide (2011)
- Gisela (2011)
- Primer Día [First day] (collaborated with Julieta Venegas) (2006)