This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daphne Lee Ashbrook
January 30, 1963
Long Beach, California, U.S.
|Other names||Daphne Lee Ashbrook |
Dapne Lee Ashbrook
|Children||Paton Lee Ashbrook (b. 1988)|
Daphne Lee Ashbrook (born January 30, 1963) is an American actress.
The daughter of actor/director Buddy Ashbrook and actress D'Ann Paton, Ashbrook was raised in the San Diego, California, area. Her siblings are actor Dana Ashbrook and actor/director Taylor Ashbrook. She made her acting debut at age 6.
Ashbrook gained early acting experience on stage in the Los Angeles area. Productions in which she appeared included Burlesque ... The Way You Like It (1982), Come Blow Your Horn (1983), and The Coming of Stork (1984).
Ashbrook played Liz McKay in the ABC crime drama Our Family Honor (1985-1986),:797 Kathy Davenport on the ABC crime drama Fortune Dane (1986) and Alex in the ABC comedy-drama Hooperman (1987-1989).:475 In 1990, she appeared as Phyllis Gates, Rock Hudson's wife, in the television film Rock Hudson.
A 2004 trip to the United Kingdom was filmed for the 2005 documentary Daphne Ashbrook in the UK. This DVD documentary followed her work with Doctor Who, including her role as Perfection in the Big Finish Productions audio play The Next Life.
In 2006, Ashbrook played Charlotte Howell in the audio drama Dark Shadows: The Book of Temptation. She was featured in extensive interviews on the Doctor Who podcasts Doctor Who: DWO Whocast, and Doctor Who: Podshock as well as in other podcasts including "The Happiness Patrol".
Other television work includes Cold Case, CSI, Crossing Jordan, JAG, Murder She Wrote, Judging Amy and Intruders. She had a recurring role on The O.C.. Other appearances include the film The Lodger (2009), and episodes of NCIS, Ghost Whisperer, Without a Trace, and Fame. In 2012 she starred as Jackie in the Nickelodeon night time soap Hollywood Heights.
In 2010 she released her first music CD, Grace Notes on Dharmapala Records to very positive reviews. The songs range from Roots to Jazz and are mostly covers from some of her favorite singer/songwriters, such as Joni Mitchell and Patty Griffin. The CD was produced by composer/multi-instrumentalist David Vito Gregoli. She has performed music from the CD at various conventions and other events.
In 2012 Ashbrook released a memoir Dead Woman Laughing (An actor's take from both sides of the camera). It details her life as an actor and her experience growing up in an acting family.
- "Daphne Ashbrook - Biography".
- Harper, Hilliard (September 7, 1982). "First Came the Playhouse, Then 'The Hasty Heart'". The Los Angeles Times. California, Los Angeles. p. Part II - 5. Retrieved May 7, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "'Come Blow Your Horn' at Fiesta Theatre". The Los Angeles Times. California, Los Angeles. May 12, 1983. p. Part II - 6. Retrieved May 7, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "'Stork' Weaves Artful Strands in a Social Net". The Los Angeles Times. California, Los Angeles. February 1, 1984. p. Part VI - 1. Retrieved May 7, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 (2nd ed.). Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers. p. 360. ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7.
- Rock Hudson on IMDb
- "Step Aboard the Tardis". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh. September 30, 2013. p. 9. Retrieved May 7, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.