Jongejans In 1984
|Full name||Daphne Cérès Jongejans|
June 22, 1965 |
Amstelveen, North Holland
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m) (1984)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg) (1984)|
|University team||University of Miami |
|Achievements and titles|
|Highest world ranking||3rd|
Daphne Cérès Jongejans (born June 22, 1965 in Badhoevedorp, North Holland) is a retired female diver from the Netherlands, who represented her native country at three consecutive Summer Olympics: 1984, 1988 and 1992.
Jongejans' best Olympic performance was finishing in eighth place at the 1988 Summer Olympics, in the women's 3 metres springboard event. Her younger brother Edwin was also a well-known international diver. He won the world title in the men's 1 metre springboard event at the 1991 World Aquatic Championships in Perth, Western Australia.
She is married to Scott Bousquet and has two children. She resides outside of Atlanta, Georgia and works as an event planner.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daphne Jongejans.|
- Dave Joseph (1985-02-12). "Springboard To Success Daphne Jongejans Has Become Um`s Model Diver". Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Daphne Jongejans Biography and Results". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 7 November 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "BUniversity of Miami Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - Daphne Jongejans Bousquet". Archived from the original on 2011-08-22. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- AP (1989-05-05). "chinese divers take world cup lead". Free Lance Star. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- (in Dutch) Dutch Olympic Committee Archived June 9, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Daphne Jongejans". Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
-