|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||393.440 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Daprodustat, sold under the brand name Duvroq, is a medication which acts as a HIF prolyl-hydroxylase inhibitor and thereby increases endogenous production of erythropoietin, which stimulates production of hemoglobin and red blood cells. It is in phase III clinical trials for the treatment of anemia caused by chronic kidney disease.
In October 2022, US Food and Drug Administration Cardiovascular and Renal Drugs Advisory Committee (CRDAC) discussed using daprodustat for adult dialysis patients with anaemia of chronic kidney disease (CKD). The advisory committee experts, however, voted against the use of daprodustat in non-dialysis patients with anaemia of CKD, citing increased safety risks such as heart failure and bleeding gastric erosions.
- Schmid H, Jelkmann W (August 2016). "Investigational therapies for renal disease-induced anemia". Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 25 (8): 901–16. doi:10.1080/13543784.2016.1182981. PMID 27122198. S2CID 32493057.
- Ariazi JL, Duffy KJ, Adams DF, Fitch DM, Luo L, Pappalardi M, et al. (December 2017). "Discovery and Preclinical Characterization of GSK1278863 (Daprodustat), a Small Molecule Hypoxia Inducible Factor-Prolyl Hydroxylase Inhibitor for Anemia". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 363 (3): 336–347. doi:10.1124/jpet.117.242503. PMID 28928122.
- Singh, Ajay K.; Carroll, Kevin; McMurray, John J.V.; Solomon, Scott; Jha, Vivekanand; Johansen, Kirsten L.; Lopes, Renato D.; Macdougall, Iain C.; Obrador, Gregorio T.; Waikar, Sushrut S.; Wanner, Christoph; Wheeler, David C.; Więcek, Andrzej; Blackorby, Allison; Cizman, Borut (16 December 2021). "Daprodustat for the Treatment of Anemia in Patients Not Undergoing Dialysis". New England Journal of Medicine. 385 (25): 2313–2324. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa2113380. ISSN 0028-4793. PMID 34739196.
- Dhillon S (September 2020). "Daprodustat: First Approval". Drugs. 80 (14): 1491–1497. doi:10.1007/s40265-020-01384-y. PMC 7471535. PMID 32880805.
- "GSK receives first regulatory approval for Duvroq (daprodustat) in Japan for patients with anaemia due to chronic kidney disease" (Press release). GSK. 29 June 2020.
- Thevis M, Milosovich S, Licea-Perez H, Knecht D, Cavalier T, Schänzer W (August 2016). "Mass spectrometric characterization of a prolyl hydroxylase inhibitor GSK1278863, its bishydroxylated metabolite, and its implementation into routine doping controls". Drug Testing and Analysis. 8 (8): 858–63. doi:10.1002/dta.1870. PMID 26361079.
- "Updated Contact Information: October 26, 2022 Meeting of the Cardiovascular and Renal Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement - 10/26/2022". U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). 26 October 2022. Retrieved 31 October 2022.