|Full name||Octavio Darío Rodríguez Peña|
|Date of birth||17 September 1974|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back/Left back|
|1984–1989||Higos del Mar|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 December 2014|
Octavio Darío Rodríguez Peña (born 17 September 1974 in Montevideo) is a Uruguayan former footballer who played as a centre back or left back for Peñarol. He was capped 51 times for the Uruguay national team. A versatile defender, he was capable of playing "at left-back or as a left-sided central defender. Strong in the air, he [wa]s a useful distraction in the opposition box at set pieces."
Rodríguez has played the majority of his club football for Peñarol, and Schalke 04. His other clubs include Sud América and Bella Vista and Toluca. He left Schalke 04 in January 2008 and returned to Peñarol.
With Uruguay, Rodríguez was a participant at the 2002 World Cup and scored Uruguay's first goal of the tournament, a volley that curled into the top left corner of the goal. He has worn the captain's armband for Uruguay. He also played at the 2004 and 2007 Copa América tournaments.
|Uruguay national team|
- Scores and results list Uruguay's goal tally first.
|1.||17 February 2000||Estadio Domingo Burgueño, Maldonado||Hungary League||2–0||2–0||Friendly|
|2.||18 July 2000||Estadio Centenario, Montevideo||Venezuela||2–1||3–1||2002 World Cup qualifier|
|3.||1 June 2002||Munsu Cup Stadium, Ulsan||Denmark||1–1||1–2||2002 World Cup|
|4.||12 November 2005||Estadio Centenario, Montevideo||Australia||1–0||1–0||2006 World Cup qualifier play-offs|
- "Biografia". dariorodriguez.com.uy. Archived from the original on 14 June 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- Passo Alpuin, Luis Fernando (6 March 2012). "Uruguay – Record International Players". RSSSF. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Dario Rodriguez". BBC Sport. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- Tabeira, Martín (2 August 2007). "Copa América 2004". RSSSF. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- Tabeira, Martín; Morrison, Neil (23 October 2007). "Copa América 2007". RSSSF. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- Morrison, Neil (2 February 2005). "Octavio Dario Rodriguez – International Appearances". RSSSF. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
|This biographical article related to a football defender from Uruguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|