Dara Singh Chauhan
Dara Singh Chauhan
|Minister of Forest, Environment, Zoological Garden in |
Government of Uttar Pradesh
|Assumed office |
|Chief Minister||Yogi Adityanath|
|Preceded by||Durga Prasad Yadav|
|MLA, 17th Legislative Assembly|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Umesh Pandey|
|Member of Parliament in 15th Lok Sabha|
May 2009 – May 2014
|Preceded by||Chandradeo Prasad Rajbhar|
|Succeeded by||Harinarayan Rajbhar|
|Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha|
3 April 2000 – 2 April 2006
30 November 1996 – 02 April 2000
|Born||July 25, 1963|
Galvara, Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Bahujan Samaj Party & Samajwadi Party|
|Parents||Ram Kishan Chauhan|
|Residence||Raj Bhawan Colony, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Alma mater||High School|
Dara Singh Chauhan (born 25 July 1963) is an Indian politician and most prominent leader of Chauhan ( Loniya ), who represented Madhuban (Assembly constituency) in Uttar Pradesh a member of Bhartiya Janta Party. Currently he is serving as Cabinet Minister in Yogi Adityanath ministry. He is also represented Ghosi in the 15th Lok Sabha, where he was leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party. In 16th Lok Sabha, he was defeated by Harinarayan Rajbhar who represented Bharatiya Janata Party by more than 140,000 votes.
Soon after he joined BJP, he was made BJP OBC Morcha President and given the ticket to fight the MLA Election from Madhuban Constituency, where many people were rallying to get BJP Ticket. He won election from Madhuban Constituency by more than 30,000 votes and able to grow saffron first time in this constituency and become cabinet minister in UP government. He held many important post in government of India.
Early life and education
Chauhan was born 25 July 1963 Galvara village of Azamgarh district toh his father Ram Kishan Chauhan. He belong from Backward Class (Chauhan) family. He married with Disha Chauhan, they have two sons and two daughters. In 1980, He attended the Madhyamik Shikasha Parishad Allahabad and attained High School degree.
- 1996-2000 Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha
- 1998-1999 Member, Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas
- 1998-2001 Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Coal
- 2000-2006 Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha(2nd term)
- 2000-2004 Member, Committee on Energy
- 2002-2004 Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Coal and Mines
- 2004-2005 Member, Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture
- 2004 Member, Committee on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (Rajya Sabha)
- 2004 Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defence
- 2005 Member, Committee on Energy
- 2009-2014 Member of Parliament in 15th Lok Sabha
- Leader, Bahujan Samaj Parliamentary Party, Lok Sabha
- 2009 Member, Business Advisory Committee
- 2009 Member, Committee on Installation of Portraits/Statues of National Leaders and Parliamentarians in Parliament House Complex
- 2009 Chairman, Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment
- 2009 Member, Committee on Security in Parliament Complex
- 2009 Member, Committee on Government Assurances
- 2009 Member, General Purposes Committee
- 2009 Member, Joint Committee on Office of Profit
- 2017-Incumbent MLA in Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh
- Minister of Forest and Environment in Yogi Adityanath ministry
- "Member Profile". official website of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Candidate affidavit". my neta.info.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 May 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Chauhan to be BSP leader in Lok Sabha". The Indian Express. 20 May 2009. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Detailed Profile: Shri Dara Singh Chauhan". National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
|This article about a Uttar Pradesh politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|