|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Dardhë is a community in the former municipality of Drenovë in the Korçë County, Albania. At the 2015 local government reform it became part of the municipality Korçë. and a well known ski area of Albania since the 1920s. In 2012, the first ever ski tow in Albania was opened at Bigell Ski Resort near Dardhe.
A Greek school was founded in the village in 1810 by Ikonomou Isidoros, while at the beginning of the 20th century Greek education was flourishing with the establishment of additional schools: a girls' school (1901-1902) and a middle level school. In the school season of 1901-1902 a total of 150 pupils attended the Greek schools, which were sponsored by the local community fund, as well as the local Orthodox Church. The first Albanian school opened in 1917, with the initiative of Leonidha Çika, starting with initially 20 pupils, and with financing from the Vatra, which will sponsor the new school in 1924 that is still in place today.
Dardha has historically suffered from heavy emigration. Many families of the area would become the first Albanian community in USA, and Romania as well. People from Dardha have given an immense contributor to Albanian American organization. Sotir Peçi, Josif Pani, Gjergj Konda etc. would start the society "Besa-Besë", "Kombi" newspaper, and the unification of the Albanian American societies into a single federation, Vatra, with Sotir Peçi as one of the initial founders.
- Sotir Peçi, mathematician, former Minister of Education and publisher.
- Kostandin and Athanas Zografi, brothers, 18th century painters, distinguished for their work in Ardenica Monastery, Vithkuq, Moscopole and Mount Athos.
- Teodor Laço, writer and diplomat.
- Polycarpos of Larissa (-1821), Greek-Orthodox bishop of Larissa and New Martyr, executed by the Ottomans during the Greek War of Independence.
- Josif Pani, publisher, main director of Vatra, the Pan-Albanian Federation of America.
- Papa Jani Zengo, orthodox cleric, one of the first Albanian photographers.
- Maks Velo, Albanian painter, architect, and writer.
- Kosta Isaak, founder of Albanian American society "Zgjimi" (English: Awakening) in Manchester, MA in 1911, and of "Dardha" school in Boston in 1908 (the second Albanian American school after the one of Kristo Dako).
- Thomas Nassi, musician.
- Tourism in Albania
- List of ski areas and resorts in Europe
- Vatra, the Pan-Albanian Federation of America
- Law nr. 115/2014
- Ski resort Bigell - Dardha center - Korçë County, Albania, EveryTrail, retrieved 2013-10-09
- "Σχολή Ντάρδας. [School of Dardhë]". Κάτοπρον Ελληνικής Επιστήμης και Φιλοσοφίας (University of Athens) (in Greek). Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- Athina, Koltsida. "Η Εκπαίδευση στη Βόρεια Ήπειρο κατά την Ύστερη Περίοδο της Οθωμανικής Αυτοκρατορίας [Education in Northern Epirus during the late Ottoman Empire]". Phd dissertation. University of Thessaloniki. pp. 134, 348,. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- Mësuesi i Parë në Shkollën Shqipe në Dardhë 1917 [First teacher of the Albanian school in Dardhe] (in Albanian), Dardha.org, retrieved 2013-10-09
- JOSIF PANI - Publisher and patriot of the Albanian colony in America
- "Η Λάρισα κατά την Επανάσταση". eleftheria.gr. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- Rozi Theohari (2008-06-02), FESTA E ABETARES NË SHKOLLËN SHQIPE TË BOSTONIT [The Primer's Feast in Albanian school in Boston] (in Albanian), Boston: Ballikombi.org, retrieved 2013-10-09
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dardha (Korçë).|