|Deputy Prime Minister of Kazakhstan|
11 September 2015 – 13 September 2016
|Prime Minister||Karim Massimov
7 May 1963 |
Temirtau, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Nur Otan|
|Asar Party (2003-2006)|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University|
Dariga Nursultanqyzy Nazarbayeva (Kazakh: Дариға Нұрсұлтанқызы Назарбаева; Russian: Дарига Нурсултановна Назарбаева; born 7 May 1963) is a Kazakh politician and daughter of President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev. She was Deputy Prime Minister from 2015 to 2016.
Life and career
Nazarbayeva was born at Temirtau in 1963. At one point she worked as head of the official state-run news agency, Khabar. She formed the Kazakh political party Asar, Kazakh for "All together." Asar merged with the pro-Nazarbayev party Otan in July 2006.
Many analysts believe President Nazarbayev is preparing his daughter to succeed him upon his retirement or death. Her relationship with her father has deteriorated recently, in part due to the criticism of his administration she sometimes expresses.
Nazarbayeva had a long marriage to Kazakh businessman and politician Rakhat Aliyev until their divorce in June 2007. Aliyev claims that the divorce was executed without his consent, and that it was forced by President Nazarbayev. Nazarbayeva has two sons with Aliyev, Nurali and Aisoultan, and a daughter Venera. She is also a grandmother. Nurali's wife gave birth to Laura Aliyev in 2003.
Nazarbayeva served as a jury member in the second season of SuperStar KZ.. She is an avid amateur opera singer. Despite a lack of formal vocal training, she often performs opera arias at concerts and events.
On 13 May 2013, she gave a concert, co-organized by Count Pierre Sheremetev, at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées in Paris, with the Orchestre Lamoureux directed by Dmitry Yablonsky and the Sazgen sazi group directed by Baghdat Tilegenov, and with some artists as the pianist Timur Urmancheev, Sundet Baigozhin or Medet Chotabaev. Among the audience were Aleksandr Orlov, Ambassador of Russia to France, other ambassadors, diplomats or investors, and French writer Jean-Pierre Thiollet.
On 3 April 2014 Nazarbayeva was elected as Vice Chairman of the Mazhilis. On 11 September 2015 she was named Deputy Prime Minister. A year later, on 13 September 2016, she was instead appointed to the Senate; she was designated as head of the Senate's International Affairs, Defense, and Security Committee on 16 September.
- Background Note: Kazakhstan U.S. Department of State
- Kazakhstan: Apparent Rift Opens Within Nazarbaev Family RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
- Nazarbayev's Son-in-Law Is Divorced Moscow Times, June 13, 2007
- Моя семья СЕМЬЯ
- У старшего сына Дариги Назарбаевой Нурали родилась дочь Лаура epraha
- 88 notes pour piano solo, Jean-Pierre Thiollet, Neva Ed., 2015, p. 192. ISBN 978 2 3505 5192 0
- "Dariga Nazarbayeva appointed Vice PM of Kazakhstan". Kazinform. 11 September 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Kazakhstani President appoints Dariga Nazarbayeva as deputy PM, Ilaha Ahmadova in Astana for Azertac news agency, Baku 12 September 2015.Retrieved: 12 September 2015.
- "Kazakh president's daughter appointed head Of Senate committee", Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 16 September 2016.
- Kazakh President's Daughter Chides Steel Baron Mittal
- Kazakhstan: New Political Party Borrows From Western Right
- Nazarbayev schmiss seine Tochter raus (German) Nazarbayev boots his daughter out.