Dariga Nursultanqyzy Nazarbayeva (Kazakh: Дариға Нұрсұлтанқызы Назарбаева; Russian: Дарига Нурсултановна Назарбаева; born 7 May 1963 in Temirtau, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union) is a Kazakh lawmaker and daughter of Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev, who on 11 September 2015 appointed her deputy prime minister of Kazakhstan.
At one point she worked as head of the official state-run news agency, Khabar, but she no longer does. She formed the Kazakh political party Asar, Kazakh for "All together." Asar merged with the pro-Nazarbayev party Otan in July 2006.
Many analysts believe President Nazarbayev is preparing his daughter to succeed him upon his retirement or death. Her relationship with her father has deteriorated recently, in part due to the criticism of his administration she sometimes expresses.
She had a long marriage to Kazakh businessman and politician Rakhat Aliyev until their divorce in June 2007. Aliyev claims that the divorce was executed without his consent, and that it was forced by President Nazarbayev. Nazarbayeva has two sons with Aliyev, Nurali and Aisoultan. She also has a daughter Venera. She is also a grandmother. Nurali's wife gave birth to Laura Aliyev in 2003.
Dariga served as a jury member in the second season of SuperStar KZ.. She is an avid amateur opera singer. In spite of the lack of formal vocal training Dariga often performs opera arias at various concerts and events.
On 13 May 2013, she gave a concert, co-organized by Count Pierre Sheremetev, at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées in Paris, with the Orchestre Lamoureux directed by Dmitry Yablonsky and the Sazgen sazi group directed by Baghdat Tilegenov, and with some artists as the pianist Timur Urmancheev, Sundet Baigozhin or Medet Chotabaev. Among the audience were Aleksandr Orlov, Ambassador of Russia to France, many others ambassadors, diplomats or investors, and Jean-Pierre Thiollet, one of the notable French people.
- Kazakhstani President appoints Dariga Nazarbayeva as deputy PM, Ilaha Ahmadova in Astana for Azertac news agency, Baku 12 September 2015.Retrieved: 12 September 2015.
- Background Note: Kazakhstan U.S. Department of State
- Kazakhstan: Apparent Rift Opens Within Nazarbaev Family RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
- Nazarbayev's Son-in-Law Is Divorced Moscow Times, June 13, 2007
- Моя семья СЕМЬЯ
- У старшего сына Дариги Назарбаевой Нурали родилась дочь Лаура epraha
- Kazakh President's Daughter Chides Steel Baron Mittal
- Kazakhstan: New Political Party Borrows From Western Right
- Nazarbayev schmiss seine Tochter raus (German) Nazarbayev boots his daughter out.