|Studio album by Darin|
|Released||September 28, 2005|
|Producer||RedOne, George Samuelson, GHOST, Jörgen Elofsson|
|Singles from Darin|
Darin is the second studio album by Swedish singer/songwriter Darin. It was released on September 28, 2005 in Sweden and features the singles "Step Up", "Want Ya!" and "Who's That Girl?". The album became Darin's second number one album. Darin is also the only of Darin's albums to be released in Finland.
After the success of his debut album The Anthem, Darin returned with his second solo album. The album reveals a new style with a more R&B based sound and also marks the second time Darin has worked with producer RedOne. The album was released on September 28, 2005 and debuted at number 1 on the Swedish album charts. The album has since been certified platinum by the IFPI. The album was also released in Finland and peaked at number 13.
- "Intro" 0:37 (RedOne)
- "Move" 3:44 (Bilal Hajji/RedOne/Darin)
- "Step Up" 3:07 (Bilal/RedOne/Darin)
- "Who's That Girl" 3:26 (Jörgen Elofsson)
- "Doin Dirt" 3:12 (George Samuelson/Damon Sharpe/Alex Cantrell)
- "Laura" 2:53 (Bilal/RedOne/Darin)
- "Walk The Distance" 3:14 (Jörgen Elofsson/Ekman/Cox)
- "Be What You Wanna Be" 3:30 (Bilal/RedOne/Darin)
- "Want Ya!" 3:19 (Tomas Granlind/George Samuelson)
- "You Don't Hear Me" 4:16 (Bilal/RedOne/Darin)
- "Sail The Ocean" 4:23 (Kinnda/Hortlund/Harry Sommerdahl)
- "Step Up" is the first single from the album, released on September 7, 2005, the song peaked at number 1 on the Swedish singles charts and is, to date, Darin's most successful single spending 26 weeks on the charts and is currently at number 97 on the list of 100 best selling singles in Sweden. The song also charted in Finland.
- "Who's That Girl" was the second single released from the album on November 23, 2005. The song entered the charts at number 17 and rose to number 6 the week after which was its highest position. The video for the single features Darin in an accident and his spirit searching for a girl he sees at the scene.
- "Want Ya!" was the third single released on January 25, 2006. The single peaked at number 4 after debuting at number 19 and spent a total of 16 weeks on the charts, the single also peaked at number 8 on the Finnish single charts.
The album was released in Sweden in September 2005 and then in January 2006 was released in Finland. The album is available to download in various countries via iTunes and similar sites.
|Sweden||September 28, 2005||Columbia|
|Finland||January 18, 2006||Columbia|
|Swedish Album Charts||IFPI||1||24||Platinum |
|Finnish Album Charts||IFPI Finland||13||10||-|
- The song "B What U Wanna B" is often referred to as "Peerless".
- The song "Sail The Ocean" has been covered in Italian by band Studio 3 for their 3rd album Lentamente and is called "Quando Sarai Sola". Despite the song being a cover version released in 2007, the original songwriters are not credited on the band's official website.
- Steffen Hung. "Darin - Darin". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- "Sverigetopplistan - Sveriges Officiella Topplista". Sverigetopplistan.se. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Darin - Step Up". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Darin - Who's That Girl". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Darin - Want Ya!". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Darin - Want Ya!". finnishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Swedish Charts Portal". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- "Veckolista Album - Vecka 40, 6 oktober 2005". www.sverigetopplistan.se. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Darin - Darin". finnishcharts.com. Archived from the original on 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Italian Version "Sail The Ocean"
- Italian band cover Darin song