This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nickname(s): "ଓଡିଶାର କାଶ୍ମୀର"
"The Kashmir of Odisha"
|Founded by||Dering Saheb|
|Elevation||914.4 m (3,000.0 ft)|
|• Total||6,995 |
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Phulbani(105 km), Baliguda(49km), Berhampur (119 km), Surada (47km),Aska (84),Muniguda (142), Mohana (82km)|
Daringibadi is a hill station in Odisha state of eastern India. It is widely known as "Kashmir of Odisha" , situated at a height of 3000 ft or 915 m in Kandhmal district,the place has pine jungles, coffee gardens and beautiful valleys. Daringbadi is set in a beautiful spot surrounded by thick rain forests with wild animals, and is a popular summer resort. During the British rule, there was a British officer named Dering who had discovered this place and named it by his own name as Deringbadi, badi stands for village. Gradually over the time it was spelled as Daringbadi.More than 50% of population constitute ST community of aboriginal tribal races. The temperature level of Daringbadi has often recorded below the Frozen level and sometimes in minus. Because of its natural beauty, it is popularly known as Kashmir Of Odisha. As Kashmir is divine for India, similarly DaringBadi is for Odisha. It is also famous for its production of superior quality of organic turmeric.
Daringbadi can be reached from Bhubaneswar (250 km approx.) and other important places of the state by regular bus services. The nearest railway station is at Brahmapur (120 km). There are three routes by which you can reach Daringbadi from Brahmapur by road. 1st is via Sorada which is near about 120 km, (NH-59) 2nd via Bhanjanagar-G.Udayagiri which is around 180 km(NH-117) and the 3rd is via Mohana-Bramhanigan which is around 145 km.The place is gifted with natural beauties such as pine jungles, coffee, black pepper, turmeric gardens, beautiful valleys and plateaus. It is the only place in Odisha where freezing of dew occurs during winters. As the temperature goes down below 0 degree early morning, the dew collected on the grass, leaves and ground turns to ice at low temperatures. The journey from the plains to the hills of Daringbadi is an experience in itself. This pretty hill station is 105 km from Phulbani, 49 km from Balliguda and 59 km. from G.Udayagiri. 46 km from Raikia. People come across from various place of world to explore the wild life.it is a block and tahasil in kandhamal district.With a latitude of 54 – 90 North and longitude of 84.05 to 84.20 East.
Visiting places at Daringbadi
Daringbadi appeals to tourists by its scenic beauty. Several locations in Odisha related to tribal culture, tribal art and tribal beauty often are miss out by tourists. Located in the tribal dominated Kandhamal district, Daringbadi has many natural green valleys is popularly called as the ‘Kashmir of Odisha’. Here the dews turns into ice at the night. Surrounded by thick rain forests, wild animals, Daringbadi at 915-metre altitude above sea level has wonderful valleys and pine jungles. But unlike Kashmir, which is mostly visited by people in the summer, Daringbadi is not only popular in the hot summer but has thousands of visitors in the winter as well.
The other major attractions in Daringbadi including Doluri River, Putudi Water falls, Dasingbadi waterfalls, Badangia waterfalls, Dadubada Paradise, Kirikuti Picnic ground, Ludu waterfalls, Herbal garden Picnic ground, coffee plantation, black pepper and turmeric gardens, Duluri Picnic ground, Hill view Park, Nature Park, Herbal medicinal plants, Belghar Sanctuary, Kotagarh Sanctuary, and many more you may look in the Google maps.
How to reach: If you will go by NH 59 from Berhampur than you may see wild Elephants on the road, from a village named Gajalbadi to Baimala forest check gate, so near to Daringbadi. Belghar Sanctuary, located about 115 kilometres from Daringbadi by NH 59 is famous for its rich forests, and long tusked wild elephants. There is also a wooden bungalow in Belghar which entices nature lovers.
Daringibadi is the only spot in Odisha where freezing of dew occurs during winters. As the temperature goes down below zero degree, the dew collected on the grass, leaves and ground turns to ice. Native land of Tribals: For those keen on tribal tourism, the Belghar region can provide them a glimpse of the life style of ‘Kutia Kondhas’. These tribals are believed to be of the most primitive tribes of the Indian subcontinent. These tribal people apart from relying on forest products also eke out their living by cultivating through shifting agriculture. ’Salpa’, a drink prepared by them by mixing the juice extracted from ‘Salpa’ and dead palm is a hit among the alcohol enthusiasts. In brief, Daringbadi in Odisha is a nature lovers’ paradise and is blessed with diverse scenic beauty.It is definitely a place worth watching.
What To See: Daringbadi Hill Station, 1. Dasingbadi waterfalls, 2. Badangia waterfalls, 3. Hill view Park, 4. Nature Park, 5. Herbal garden with Butterflies, 6. Herbal Picnic ground, 7. Coffee garden, 8. Duluri Picnic ground, 9. Dasingbadi Picnic ground, 10. Lovers Point, Dadubada, near Kirikuti, 11. Kirikuti ground, 12. Aemo birds near Kirikuti, 13. Belghar Sanctuary, 14. Ghat roads with wild animals and many more. 
1. Hill View Park- For tourists there is a hill view point from where the whole of Darigbadi and neighborhood is visible.
2. Rushikulya river- This river originates from the slopes of Daringbadi hills.
3. Coffee plantation- There are two Coffee & black pepper plantations maintained by soil conservation/forest department daringbadi area which are an ideal place to explore and picnic.
4. Doluri River- Doluri river has many beautiful fall and many stonny picnic grounds.
5. Putudi Water falls- Putudi waterfall is situated at a distance of just 15 km from the place of Phulbani. It is one of the prominent water falls in Orissa. The water of Putudi fall merges into River of Bada Saluki. The surrounding area of waterfall is covered by forest providing place for picnic.
6. Belghar Sanctuary- The tropical deciduous forest of Belghar Sanctuary is located at a distance of 158 kilometers from the city of Phulbani and around 50 km from daringbadi. The sanctuary spreads over an area of 16, 174,46 acres. Of which the cultivated area is 3876.44 acres. and rest area is reserved forest and others. The thick forest is home to a number of rare and endangered species of animals and plants. The pride of the forest however are the long tusked wild elephants that abound in plenty in the region.The region is inhabited by the tribal people known as the Dogria Khond the most primitive tribe of India or otherwise known as the Nakate tribes of the mountain.The tribal folks practice shifting agriculture and also use the products yielded by the forests. The local drink of the tribal people is prepared by mixing the juice extracted from salap and dead palm.A wooden bungalow at Belghar attracts many nature loving visitors.
Hotels near Daringbadi
Hotel facilities are available across the Kandhamal district. You can get homestay accommodation in Daringbadi. If you want to stay near city area then Baliguda and Phulbani is the nearest cities to Daringbadi. Baliguda is 40 km and Phulabani is 85 km from Daringbadi.
- Sahoo, Chidananda. "Kashmir of Odisha". The HIndu. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daringbadi.|