|Date of birth||31 March 1984|
|Place of birth||Caserta, Italy|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2007||→ Grosseto (loan)||1||(0)|
|2008||→ Südtirol (loan)||10||(0)|
|2012||→ Melfi (loan)||14||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Born in Caserta, Campania, Bova started his career at Campania side S.S.C. Napoli. In 2003, he graduated from Primavera under–19 team and left for Serie D side Faenza. After the bankrupt of Napoli in 2004, he left for Serie C2 club Imolese. With Imolese, he was a regular starter of the team, and earned a call-up to Italy U21 B team for 2005 Mediterranean Games, and for a preparation match against Serie D Best XI. He played the match against Morocco and on the bench against Libya.
In July 2005, he was signed by Serie B club Cesena. In although not a regular of Cesena, he also received a call-up from Italy under-21 Serie B representative team in November 2005, for a training camp and against Pro Patria's youth team (Berretti team).
In 2008–09 season, he left for Lucchese and won Group D champion of Serie D. In the next season he won promotion to Prima Divisione as Group A champion. Nella stagione seguente continua a rappresentare un punto di riferimento costante nella squadra rossonera che disputa un campionato dignitoso di centro-classifica.
- "Primavera". SSC Napoli (in Italian). ca. January 2003. Archived from the original on 6 February 2003. Check date values in:
- "TOP 11 SERIE D: i convocati delle squadre partecipanti all'evento di Macerata". Serie D News (in Italian). 27 May 2005. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Azzurri, un pari vale la qualificazione". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 28 June 2005. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Bozza, Gennaro (24 June 2005). "La May cerca la misura, è qui il basket del futuro". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- "CONVOCAZIONE CALCIATORI C/2 GIRONE B PER TORNEO TORNEO QUADRANGOLARE DI SERIE C/2" (PDF). Lega-Pro.com (in Italian). 7 February 2005.
- "Comunicato Ufficiale n. 156 (2005–06 season)" (PDF). Lega Calcio (in Italian). 18 November 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 February 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- Sica, Stefano (29 January 2007). "UFFICIALE: un acquisto e una cessione per il Grosseto". Tutto Mercato Web (in Italian). Archived from the original on 19 September 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2010.
- "Calcio mercato: acquistati G.Esposito, Paolucci e Cusaro". AC Cesena (in Italian). 31 January 2008. Retrieved 25 August 2010.