|Education||University of Sussex|
|Occupation||Filmmaker, film producer, visual effects engineer|
|Employer||Digital Neural Axis|
|Notable work||Fuel, The Aviator, Bhutto, The Big Fix|
Darius Fisher is a British film producer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, and visual effects engineer. He is most well known for his work on the 2008 Sundance award-winning film Fuel, The Aviator, Bhutto, The Big Fix, and the trailer that helped secure funding for Avatar. He is also the founder of Digital Neural Axis, a production company.
Fisher was living in New York when he started working as an editor, motion graphic designer and visual effects artist. He later moved to California and founded the production company Digital Neutral Axis with his wife. In 1998, Fisher moved Digital Neutral Axis to Los Angeles and his film partner Johnny O'Hara joined the business. They began working on visual effects for major films including The Last Samurai (2003), The Aviator (2004) and Superman Returns (2006). Additionally, he has co-produced six award winning documentaries including, Fuel (Sundance winner), Bhutto (Emmy nominee, Peabody winner), The Big Fix (Cannes official selection), and several trailers including the trailer that led to the financing of James Cameron's Avatar.
Fisher lives in Topanga, California.
- The Last Samurai (digital compositor) -2003
- The Aviator (visual effects supervisor) -2004
- Encounter Point (co-producer) -2006
- Superman Returns (visual effects supervisor) -2006
- Fuel (co-producer) -2008
- Avatar (virtual production consultant) -2009
- Budrus (co-producer) -2009
- Bhutto (co-producer) -2010
- Dylan Dog: Dead of Night (visual effects producer) -2010
- The Big Fix (co-producer) -2012
- Dear Mom, Love Cher (co-producer) -2013
- Love Thy Nature (digital effects) / (visual effects supervisor) -2014
- Pump (co-producer) -2014
- Hope, Michele. "DNAs disk storage ensures quality effects for The Aviator". InfoStor. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Darius Fisher pours money into Democrat Congressional campaign". Primary Post. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Movies & TV: About This Person". Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "America is addicted to oil – It's time for an intervention". Topanga Messenger. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Bhutto: Review". Variety. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Social Media Impact Award Judges". SIMA. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "THE ART OF COMPOSITING". Post Magazine. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "High-End Plug-Ins Hit the Desktop". StudioDaily. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Darius Fisher – Visual Effects Artist". Love Thy Nature. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Darius Fisher". Just Vision. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Rosen, Lisa (February 2009). "Johnny O'Hara Hits a Gusher". Written By Magazine. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "SIMA 2015 Judges". Social Impact Media Awards. 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Bhutto Film Credits". PBS: KLRU. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Harvey, Dennis (18 September 2014). "Film Review: 'Pump'". Variety. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Darius Fisher". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 May 2015.