Darius Dickson Ishaku
|10th Governor of Taraba State|
|Assumed office |
May 29, 2015
|Preceded by||Abubakar Sani Danladi|
Darius Dickson Ishaku
30 July 1954
Lupwe, Taraba State, Nigeria
|Political party||People's Democratic Party|
|Spouse(s)||Anna Darius Ishaku|
|Residence||Jalingo, Taraba State (official)|
|Alma mater||St. Paul's College Kufena, Zaria|
Ahmadu Bello University
Darius Dickson Ishaku, FNIA, FNITP (born 30 July 1954) is a Nigerian architect, urban planner, university lecturer and politician. He is a member of the People's Democratic Party and the Governor of Taraba State.
Ishaku was born on 30 July 1954 to Mr Ishaku Istifanus and Mrs Naomi at Lupwe in Ussa Local Government Area of Taraba State. He is the fifth of ten children from his family.
The young Darius was enrolled into St Bartholomew's Primary school, Wusasa, Zaria, in 1961, and graduated in 1967.
He then proceeded to famous St. Paul's College Kufena, Zaria, for his secondary education, in 1972 and passed out in flying colours, obtaining West African Examination Certificate (WASC). He secured admission into the school of basic studies in prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in the same year (1972), for his advance Level education which was then a requirement for gaining admission into the university, and he passed out in 1974.. He proceeded to the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) where he studied and obtained a Bachelor's and a master's degree in Architecture, he went further to obtain an additional master's degree in Urban and regional planning.
Darius is a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Architects (FNIA) and also a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (FNITP).
Ishaku was previously the supervising minister for power, supervising minister for environment and the Minister of State for Niger Delta Affairs before he resigned to contest in the 2015 Taraba State gubernatorial election. He won the initial gubernatorial election and was elected Governor of Taraba State after winning the subsequent re-run election. Darius won the 2015 election but was in a court battle with his opponent senator Aisha Jumai Alhassan who took him to court and after a series of cases Darius was declared the winner of the governorship election in the state early 2016. Ismaila Yushau Maihanci
Darius Ishaku was again successful, for his second run, in the gubernatorial election of March 2019, defeating his closest rival Alhaji Abubakar Sani Danladi of the All Progressives Congress by over 150,000 votes.
- "Nigeria's democracy embarrassing, insulting —Gov Ishaku". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- . (2020-02-25). "Gov Ishaku's absence from Taraba". Daily Trust. Retrieved 2020-03-05.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Agencies (2020-02-25). "Taraba Assembly passes vote of confidence on Governor Ishaku". TODAY. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "Governor Darius Dickson Ishaku Full Biography". takemetonaija.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Profile of Darius Dickson Ishaku". Candidates.nigeriaelections.org. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- John MKOM (25 April 2015). "Rerun election: PDP governorship candidate Darius wins in Taraba". Vanguard. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- Polycarp, Nwafor (12 March 2019). "Darius Ishaku wins second term in Taraba". Vanguard. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "Tribunal Affirms Darius Dickson Ishaku as winner of Guber poll". Daily Trust. 20 September 2019. Retrieved 21 October 2019.
- "Appeal Court affirms Darius Ishaku as Taraba Governor". Channels TV. 18 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.