Miller in 2014
|No. 21 – Brose Bamberg|
March 21, 1990 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school||Mason County (Maysville, Kentucky)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 46th overall|
|Selected by the New Orleans Hornets|
|2012–2014||New Orleans Hornets / Pelicans|
|Career highlights and awards|
Darius Tiyon Miller (born March 21, 1990) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for Brose Bamberg of the Basketball Bundesliga. He played college basketball for the University of Kentucky and finished his senior season by winning the 2012 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament on the 2011–12 Kentucky Wildcats team.
High school career
Miller attended Mason County High School, where he averaged 19.9 points, 7.9 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.9 steals per game and led the team to a state championship in 2008. After his senior season in high school, Miller was named the KHSAA's men's basketball player of the year, commonly known as "Kentucky Mr. Basketball".
Following Kentucky's 2012 national championship win, Miller was chosen to present a commemorative Kentucky jersey and championship ring to President Barack Obama during the team's visit to the White House on May 4, 2012. During the visit, Obama noted that Miller is the only player from Kentucky to have been named Kentucky's "Mr. Basketball" (high school player of the year in the state), win a KHSAA state championship (Mason County High School) and claim an NCAA title with the University of Kentucky.
Miller finished his college career having played more games for the University of Kentucky than any other player. The Wildcats' championship game and Miller's last collegiate match was his 152nd appearance for the team, surpassing Wayne Turner's previous record of 151 games. He and Deon Thompson of North Carolina are currently tied for fourth place in career games in NCAA Division I men's play, and have the most games among those who played in exactly four seasons.
Miller was selected with the 46th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the New Orleans Hornets. On August 22, 2012, he signed a multi-year deal with the Hornets. On December 31, 2012, Miller was assigned to the Iowa Energy. On January 27, 2013, he was recalled by the Hornets. In April 2013, the Hornets were renamed the Pelicans.
On January 16, 2015, Miller was opted over another D-League Player for a position on the Clippers.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Darius Miller NBA & ABA Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved December 17, 2013.
- "1 - Darius Miller". NBADraft.net. Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- Darius Miller Recruiting Profile
- "President Barack Obama honors Kentucky basketball champions". Kentucky.com. May 4, 2012. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- "Kentucky Career Leaders in Games Played". bigbluehistory.net. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Darius Miller Player Profile – RealGM
- "HORNETS ASSIGN DARIUS MILLER TO D-LEAGUE'S IOWA ENERGY". NBA.com. December 31, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "HORNETS RECALL DARIUS MILLER". NBA.com. January 27, 2013. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- Pelicans Re-Sign Darius Miller
- Pelicans Waive Miller and Young
- Darius was playing for IOWA ENERGY
- Darius Miller signed with Brose Baskets Bamberg
- "Brose Baskets completes roster with Miller". Euroleague.net. July 28, 2015. Retrieved July 28, 2015.