This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||February 4, 1951|
|Genres||Persian pop, rock, Symphonic Doom Music|
|Occupation(s)||Artist, social activist, humanitarian|
Dariush Eghbali (Persian: داریوش اقبالی) better known by his stage name Dariush is an Iranian singer and actor. He is also a social activist who has been promoting education, awareness and prevention with regards to social maladies.
Dariush was born in Tehran, on February 4, 1951. His musical talent was first recognized at an early age of nine, when he appeared on stage at his school. Hassan Khayatbashi introduced him to the public at the age of twenty through Iranian national television. He immediately became popular with his legendary song "Don't Tell Me You Love Me". (Persian: به من نگو دوست دارم be man nagu duset dāram)  His contemporary and unique style opened up a new era in Iranian music.
His work consists of over 208 songs in over 27 albums. He has also performed in 2 Iranian movies.
Dariush is a member of Amnesty International. Having had the experience of drug abuse himself in the past, he is heavily involved in bringing awareness and support to the world of addiction. Through the establishment of the Iran Recovery Center and Ayeneh Foundation, a non profit organization with over fifteen years of public service, as well as through educational websites, educational seminars and conferences around the world, he has been devoted to the promotion of education, awareness and knowledge with regards to human rights and a drug-free lifestyle. One of the educational websites he has gifted to his countrymen is www.behboudichat.com which is intended to provide an opportunity to all those who do not have access to meetings to participate in the live meetings that are scheduled throughout the week all around the world in Persian.
His contributions have been recognized by the Self-Help And Recovery Exchange, which selected him to receive the Ron Simmons & Rev, Ronald L. Wright Award, for his outstanding contribution to support group participation by minority communities, the Iranian Student Group and UCLA, and many other international organizations worldwide.
- Yaran (Mates) (1974)
- Faryad Zire Ab (Scream Under Water) (1977)
- Be Man Nagoo Dooset Daram (1971 )
- Cheshme Man (1973)
- Mosabbeb (1975)
- Shaghayegh (1976)
- Faryad Zire Ab (1977)
- Jangal (1978)
- Sale 2000 (1978)
- Salam Ey Khake Khobe Mehrabani (1980)
- Nadim (1982)
- Parandeye Mohajer (1983)
- Emrooz (1984)
- Khamoosh Namirid (1987)
- Khake Khasteh (1989)
- Nazanin (1990)
- Noon o Panir o Sabzi (1990) (With Ebi)
- Zendooni (1991)
- Aman Az (1992)
- Sofreh Seen (1993) (With Hatef)
- Ahay Mardome Donya(1993)
- Bachehaye Iran (1995)
- Ashofteh Bazar (1996)
- Gole Bita (1999)
- The Beloved is Here: Rumi (2003)
- Dobareh Misazamat Vatan (2003)
- Rahe Man (2005)
- Mojezeh Khamoosh (2008)
- Donyaye In Roozaye Man (2010)
- Ensan (2011)
- The Beloved is Here II: Hafez (2012)
- Sefr (2016)
- "Dariush : Biography". Webcitation.org. Archived from the original on January 26, 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "Dariush - Dariush Concert, Music, Pictures & Biography". Iranians.kodoom.com. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- Partovi, Pouya. "Biography: Dariush". Allmusic. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "داریوش اقبالی: پیشگیری از اعتیاد مهمتر از درمان آن است | جامعه / حقوق | Deutsche Welle | 27.11.2007". Dw-world.de. 2007-11-27. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- "پاسخ های داریوش به سئوالات شما - بخش نخست: سه آلبوم تازه در راه است". radiofarda. radiofarda.com. Retrieved 29 October 2018.