Świercz in 2014, Warsaw
31 May 1994 |
Tarnowskie Góry, Poland
|FIDE rating||2647 (June 2017)
(No. 79 in the March 2016 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2665 (March 2016)|
|Peak ranking||No. 79 (March 2016)|
Dariusz Świercz (born 31 May 1994) is a Polish chess grandmaster. He is one of the youngest grandmasters in history and the youngest Polish grandmaster of all time, achieving the title at the age of 14 years and seven months in 2009.
Świercz won the 2011 World Junior Chess Championship at the age of 17 and is currently the only Polish male chess player to accomplish this title. The following year he also won the Under-18 World Championship.
Świercz learnt how to play chess at the age of three years from his grandfather. He became a FIDE Master in 2004 at the age of eleven, an International Master in 2008 at thirteen and a Grandmaster in 2009 at the age of 14.
Świercz had his first major debut in the Polish national team in 2012, competing in his home country’s team on the 4th board at the 40th Chess Olympiad in Istanbul. With a result of 7 points from 10 games, and a rating performance of 2705, he took 5th place in the board evaluation.
Świercz plays for clubs in:
- Czech Republic Extraliga – TJ Tatran Litovel (2010–2014) | AD Mahrla Praha (2014-Present)
- France Top 12 – Rueil Malmaison (2013–present)
- Germany Bundesliga – Turm Emsdetten (2011–present)
- Italy CIS Masters - WorldTradingLab Club 64 Modena (2015-present)
- Turkey SATRANÇ LİGİ – T.S Alyans Spor Kulübü (2013–present)
- Poland Ekstraliga – KSz POLONIA VOTUM Wrocław
- In February 2002, he finished 1st in the Polish Boys Championship – U10
- In March 2003, he finished 1st in the Rubicon Cup European Chess Championships – U9
- In July 2004, he finished equal 1st (3rd on Buchholz System) in the European Boys Chess Championship – U10
- In November 2004, he finished equal 2nd (3rd on Buchholz System) in the World Chess Championships – U10
- In February 2005, he finished 1st in the Polish Boys Championship – U12
- In February 2006, he finished 1st in the Polish Boys Championship – U12
- In February 2007, he finished 1st in the Australian City Of Sydney Championships – Open
- In April 2007, he finished 1st in the Polish Boys Championship – U14
- In August 2007, he finished 1st in the 5th European Union Youth Championship – U14
- In October 2007, he finished 2nd in the 17th European Youth Chess Championship – Boys U14
- In October 2008, he finished 3rd in the World Youth Chess Championship – Open U14
- In July 2009, member of the Polish youth side that won the silver medal in the European youth team championship U18 – BOYS
- In August 2010, he finished 3rd at the World Junior Chess Championships – U20
- In November 2010, he finished 1st at The Cultural Village tournament which acted as a qualifier for remaining places in the GM Group C Tata Steel Chess tournament.
- In January 2011, he finished equal 4th in the Tata Steel Chess Tournament GM Group C
- In April 2011, playing on the 1st board his club (TJ Tatran Litovel) came 3rd in the Czech Extraliga 2010/2011
- In July 2011, he finished equal 1st (2nd on Buchholz System) in the Miguel Najdorf International Chess Festival Tournament A
- In August 2011, he finished 1st in the 50th World Junior Chess Championship
- In September 2012, he took 5th place on the 4th board in the board evaluation at the 40th Chess Olympiad in Istanbul
- In November 2012, he finished 1st in the World Youth Chess Championship U18 Open
- In April 2013 he helped his team TJ Tatran Litovel to 3rd place in the 2012/13 season of the Czech Extraliga
- In August 2013 he reached the 2nd Round being knocked out by the 4th seed in the Chess World Cup 2013
- In September 2013 he helped his team KSz Polonia Wrocław to 3rd place in the 2013 season of the Polish Ekstraliga
- In January 2014 he finished 1st in the XXIV Miedzynarodowy Festiwal Szachowy CRACOVIA - 2013, Blitz 
- In April/May 2015 he helped his team WorldTradingLab Club 64 Modena to 2nd place in the 47th Italian Team Championship  Where he also got the most points for the Tournament 
- In October 2016 he finished 1st in the 3rd Millionaire Chess Open 
- "Nakamura Wins Tata Steel Chess Tournament". The New York Times. January 30, 2011.
- "2012 Extraliga 2010/2011". chess.cz. 2011-04-17. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- "50th World Junior Chess Championship". Chess-Results.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "World Junior Chess Championship – 2011 India". fide.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "40th Olympiad Istanbul 2012 Open tournament". chess-results.com. 2012-09-10. Archived from the original on 12 September 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "World Youth Championships 2012 – U18 Open". chess-results.com. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "2012 WYCC: Twelve new world champions are crowned". chessbase.com. 2012-11-21. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Databáze ŠSČR - pořadí". Db.chess.cz. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- "Polish Ekstraliga". chessarbiter.com. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- "XXIV Miedzynarodowy Festiwal Szachowy CRACOVIA - 2013, Blitz". fide.com. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- "Chess Results - 47° C.I.S. Master e 8° C.I.S. Femminile – Anno 2015". chess-results.com.
- "FIDE Archive. Tournament report June 2015". fide.com.
- "DARIUSZ SWIERCZ WINS 3RD MILLIONAIRE CHESS OPEN". millionairechess.com. 10 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dariusz Świercz.|
- Dariusz Świercz player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Interview with GM Oleksandr Sulypa and GM Dariusz Swiercz By IM Alexander Ipatov
- World Junior Champion GM Dariusz Swiercz Chessdom