Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Dunwich Horror
Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Dunwich Horror is a 2008 radio drama performed by the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society, and based on the short story "The Dunwich Horror" by H. P. Lovecraft. It is the second production in the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre series. It is 75 minutes long.
Like their earlier production, Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: At the Mountains of Madness, the HPLHS intended to adapt one of Lovecraft's stories as if it were a radio drama produced by the fictional Dark Adventure Radio Theatre troupe from the time the story was written (in the case of "The Dunwich Horror", 1928).
The CD version includes a number of supplemental materials, including:
- A map of 1868 Dunwich from the archives of Miskatonic University.
- A page of the John Dee translation of the Necronomicon.
- A page out of Wilbur Whateley's diary.
- A page of the Arkham Advertiser newspaper covering a visit to Dunwich and a meeting with the Whateley family.
- Leslie Baldwin - Marion Armitage, Mamie Bishop, Operator
- Gary Ballard - Old Whateley, Dr. Hartwell
- Aidan Branney - Chauncey Sawyer
- Sean Branney - Narrator
- Kacey Camp - Sally Sawyer, Luther Brown, Selina Frye
- Mark Colson - George Corey, Wilbur Whateley
- David Q. Combs - Zebulon Whateley, Professor Morgan
- Seth Compton - Sam Hutchins, Terrified Freshman
- Steve Coombs - Fred Farr, Junior Librarian
- McKerrin Kelly - Lavinia Whateley
- Casey Kramer - Mrs. Corey
- Andrew Leman - Earl Sawyer, Professor Rice, Elmer Frye
- Barry Lynch - Henry Armitage
- John A. McKenna - Night Watchman
- David Pavao - Silas Bishop, Henry Wheeler
- Josh Thoemke - Announcer, Curtis Whateley
- Darrell Tutchton - Yog Whateley
- Noah Wagner - Chester Langfield, Dr. Houghton
- Adapted by Sean Branney with Andrew Lemen
- Music and whippoorwill noises by Troy Sterling Nies
- Cover and diary art by Darrell Tutchton
- Supplemental props by Andrew Leman with Sean Branney
- Special thanks to Chris Horvath and Nicholas Pavkovic