Dark Eyes (audio drama)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Executive producer||Nicholas Briggs
|Release date||November 2012|
Dark Eyes is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. This box set is made up of four hour long stories, which also tell an overall story. the first part of Dark Eyes, The Great War, won the 2014 BBC Audio Drama award for Best Online or Non-Broadcast Drama.
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Molly O'Sullivan - Ruth Bradley
- Straxus - Peter Egan
- Kotris - Toby Jones
- Isabel Stanford - Laura Molyneaux
- Dr Sturgiss - Jonathan Forbes
- Private Tucker - Alex Mallinson
- Matron / Kitty Donaldson / Nurse Harriet - Beth Chalmers
- Lord President - Tim Treloar
- Private Hodgeson - John Banks
- Sally Armstrong - Natalie Burt
- Nadeyan - Ian Cullen
- Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Featuring||Release Date||Prod.
|1||"The Great War"||Nicholas Briggs||Nicholas Briggs||Molly O'Sullivan, Daleks||November 2012||BFPDWCDMG035|
|After a devastating encounter with the Daleks, the Doctor is searching for hope. At this delicate moment in his life, the Time Lords send him on an important mission. Tracking down a DNA trace, he arrives in World War I, where he finds a Voluntary Aid Detachment nursing assistant with unusually dark eyes named Molly O’Sullivan.|
|2||"Fugitives"||Nicholas Briggs||Nicholas Briggs||Molly, Sally Armstrong, Daleks||November 2012||BFPDWCDMG035|
|The Doctor and Molly are on the run from the Daleks. They escape into the near future, World War II and then further to 1972, where a woman is waiting for him, following the instructions the Doctor hasn't yet given.|
|3||"Tangled Web"||Nicholas Briggs||Nicholas Briggs||Molly, Daleks||November 2012||BFPDWCDMG035|
|Molly has enjoyed several adventures with the Doctor, but her past still haunts her. To discover the truth, they go back to an incident that occurred in 1893, when she was only two years old.|
|4||"X and the Daleks"||Nicholas Briggs||Nicholas Briggs||Molly, Daleks||November 2012||BFPDWCDMG035|
|The Doctor suddenly finds himself on planet Srangor, an innocent world conquered by the Daleks for a top secret plan that centers around Molly O'Sullivan.|
- The cover and promotional photographs for Dark Eyes are the first to not feature the Eighth Doctor in the clothes (or variations thereof) he wore in his original television appearance in the 1996 TV Movie. The new outfit was premiered in 2010 at the Armageddon Pop Culture Expo, along with a redesigned Sonic Screwdriver, courtesy of Weta Workshop. These changes were independently produced and were not affiliated with Big Finish Productions or the BBC, but were accepted as suitable for official use after the fact.
- Three sequel series have been released. The first, Dark Eyes 2, was released in February 2014. Dark Eyes 3 and 4 came out in November 2014 and March 2015, respectively.
- Dark Eyes on bigfinish.com