From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Dark ages)
|Look up Dark Ages in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dark Ages may refer to:
In history and sociology
- Dark Ages (historiography), the period in Europe following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire
- European Middle Ages (5th to 15th centuries AD), particularly:
- Note: For a discussion on the usage of the phrase "The Dark Ages" for the above periods, see Dark Ages (historiography). This era is covered in the post-classical era article for areas outside of Europe.
- Irish Dark Age, a period of apparent economic and cultural stagnation in late pre-historic Ireland, lasting from c. 100 BC to c. 300 AD.
- Bronze Age collapse (c. 1200 BC)
- Greek Dark Ages (c. 1100 BC – 750 BC), a period in the history of Ancient Greece and Anatolia after the Bronze Age collapse
- Dark ages of Cambodia (c. 1450–1863 AD)
- Digital dark age, a future time when it might not be possible to read historical digital documents
- Dark Ages (cosmology), in Big Bang cosmology, a period ending roughly 150 million to 800 million years after the Big Bang, after which stars began to form.
- Dark Ages (album), by Soulfly
- The Dark Ages, an EP by Andrea Parker
- "Dark Ages", a song by Jethro Tull on their 1979 album Stormwatch
- "Dark Ages", a song by Yngwie Malmsteen on his 1986 album Trilogy
- "Dark Ages", a song by NoMeansNo on their 1988 album Small Parts Isolated and Destroyed
- Dark Age (band), a German death metal band
- Dark Ages (band), a Ukrainian dark ambient band
- "New Dark Ages", a song by punk rock band Bad Religion on the album New Maps of Hell
- "Dark Ages", a song by heavy metal band Scar the Martyr on the album Scar the Martyr (album)
- "The Dark Ages", an EP by American indie rock band Bedhead
- Dark Age of Comic Books (1986-late 1990s), a period in the American comics industry
- Dark Ages (1991 video game), a platform game by Apogee Software
- Dark Ages (1999 video game), an MMORPG by KRU Interactive
- Dark Ages (TV series), a 1999 ITV comedy series set in England
- "The Dark Age", an episode of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- "The Dark Age", an episode of the anime series Bungo Stray Dogs
- The Dark Ages: An Age of Light, a BBC four-part documentary television series
- Dark Ages, an expansion for the deck-building card game Dominion
- Dark Ages, a world in the video game Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dark Ages.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.