Dark 'N' Stormy
|IBA Official Cocktail|
|A Dark 'n' Stormy served at Rye in San Francisco, California|
|Primary alcohol by volume|
|Served||On the rocks; poured over ice|
|Standard drinkware||Highball glass|
|IBA specified ingredients*||
|Preparation||In a highball glass filled with ice add 6cl dark rum and top with ginger beer. Garnish with lime wedge.|
|* Dark 'N' Stormy recipe at International Bartenders Association|
In the United States, the name "Dark 'N Stormy" is a trademark of Gosling Brothers Ltd of Bermuda. This means that in the US, legally to be called a Dark 'N Stormy the drink must be made with Gosling Black Seal rum and ginger beer.
Gosling Brother's recipe was invented in Bermuda just after World War I. The drink is promoted in the sailing and sail racing community. Gosling's sponsors the Newport to Bermuda Race and the 35th edition of the America's Cup races to be held in Bermuda in 2017.
- "DARK ‘N’ STORMY". International Bartenders Association.
- "Trademark Status & Document Retrieval".
- United States Trademark Law no mention of the word recipe
- "How to Obtain a Trademark for a Food Recipe".
- "Dark 'N Stormy Recipe". Gosling's Brothers Ltd. 2009-12-17. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Jonathan Miles (5 July 2009). "The Right Stuff (by Law)". New York Times. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "Goslings Rum".
- "35th America's Cup".