Darkfall Unholy Wars
|Darkfall Unholy Wars|
|Genre(s)||MMORPG, online RPG|
Darkfall Unholy Wars was a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Aventurine SA. It was announced on 18 September and is a sequel to Darkfall. It is a PvP MMORPG where players are encouraged to form clans and battle for dominance across Agon, the fantasy world in which the game takes place.
The initial launch date was 20 November 2012, but it was postponed.
On 11 December, Aventurine announced another launch delay due a several internal and external factors. Instead of commercial release, the company decided to offer beta access to all customers who would pre-order the game. After a lengthy 5-month beta, the game was released on 16 April 2013.
Game service was discontinued at the end of May, 2016.
The character progression system in Darkfall Unholy Wars is based on prowess. Prowess can be gained from any game interaction. The amount of prowess that a player gains depends on the difficulty or rarity of each achievement. It can be used as a form of currency to acquire different skills and boosters while spending prowess is the only way to improve the character's attributes, combat, and harvesting skills.
Roles and skills
The new roles system introduced in Darkfall Unholy Wars requires the player to pick up a role, along with 2 schools from that specific role. One of the schools is set by the player as the primary and the other as the secondary, and each school contains 4 skills/spells, and the ultimate, the most powerful in that school.The biggest difference between the primary and secondary schools is that you can only use the ultimate from your primary school. The skills/spells available in the secondary school have full potential, but require more mana and stamina, and have increased cooldowns and charging times compared to the primaries.
- mmorpg.com. "Darkfall Unholy Wars announcement video". Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- tentonhammer.com. "Darkfall Unholy Wars Release Pushed Back to December". Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Aventurine SA. "Darkfall Greenlit". Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Lefebvre, Eliot. "Darkfall Unholy Wars delays release and opts for pre-order testing". Joystiq.
- Olivetti, Justin. "Darkfall Unholy Wars finally launches". Joystiq.
- https://steamcommunity.com/app/227400/discussions/0/357287304430418508/. Missing or empty
- Reahard, Jef. "Aventurine on Darkfall's new UI, possible payment models, and more". Joystiq.
- "Prowess; Darkfall Unholy Wars". Darkfallonline.com. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- "The Role System; Darkfall Unholy Wars". Darkfallonline.com. Retrieved 2016-09-20.