|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
DVD cover of Darkside Blues
|Genre||Action, Fantasy, Science fiction|
|Written by||Hideyuki Kikuchi|
|Published by||Akita Shoten|
|Original run||August 1988 – November 1988|
|Directed by||Yoriyasu Kogawa
|Written by||Mayori Sekijima|
|Music by||Kazuhiko Toyama|
|Released||October 8, 1994|
Darkside Blues (ダークサイド・ブルース Dākusaido Burūsu?) is a manga series by Hideyuki Kikuchi. The story has been adapted into an anime film directed by Yoshimichi Furukawa. The film was originally licensed by Central Park Media and then later licensed by ADV Films.
The story involves the town of Kabuki-cho, home of a resistance faction called Messiah. In the futuristic setting, Kabuki-cho is one of the last places of freedom because the Persona Century Corporation has taken control of the majority of the Earth. Kabuki-cho is hence known as "The Dark Side of Tokyo". Furthermore, a mysterious stranger called Darkside appears to protect the citizens of Kabuki-cho.
Helen McCarthy in 500 Essential Anime Movies calls the film "one of the most atmospheric films" of the 1990s. She praises the design, but states that "the luxuriant designs are almost outdone by the well-crafted background track, with some superior foley editing and jazzy, atmospheric music".
- Paul Thomas Chapman. "The Vault of Error: Darkside Blues: Where high tech and low life collide". Otakuusamagazine.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "ADV Adds Former CPM Title Darkside Blues". Anime News Network. 2009-06-03. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- McCarthy, Helen. 500 Essential Anime Movies: The Ultimate Guide. — Harper Design, 2009. — P. 288. — 528 p. — ISBN 978-0061474507
- Darkside Blues at the Internet Movie Database
- Darkside Blues (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This anime film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|