Romani at the 2016 Summer Olympics
|Born||9 April 1991|
Concórdia, Santa Catarina, Brazil
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||140 kg (309 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Updated on 9 October 2015.|
Darlan has the Brazilian shot put record since 2012. Since then, he broke the record so often that even he knows exactly how many national records he beat. He was surpassing the mark again and again in early 2015 when he reached 20.90m.
He is the first Brazilian to qualify to the Shot Put at Olympics in 80 years - Antonio Pereira Lira was the last who did it, at the Berlin Games, in 1936.
At the 2016 Summer Olympics, in the Men's shot put, he broke the Brazilian record two times (20.94 meters in the qualifying round and 21.02 meters in the final), finishing 5th. It was the best participation of a Brazilian in the event.
- Shot put (outdoor): 22.00 m – Bragança Paulista, Brazil, 15 September 2018
- Shot put (indoor): 21.37 m – Birmingham, United Kingdom, 3 March 2018
- Darlan Romani at IAAF
- A Equipe - Atletas Masculino - Perfil - Darlan Romani (in Portuguese), Clube de Atletismo BM&F Bovespa, retrieved May 5, 2014
- Biografía - General - ROMANI Darlan - Brasil (in Spanish), retrieved May 5, 2014
- Com só um arremesso, Darlan bate recorde brasileiro e vai à final em 3º
- Darlan volta a bater recorde nacional e fecha em quinto no arremesso do peso
- 21.89m was his best result in the event. In the final throw, which gave him the first place, Romani did 21.68m
|This biographical article relating to Brazilian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|