Darley Ramon Torres
|Full name||Darley Ramon Torres|
|Date of birth||15 December 1989|
|Place of birth||Pedro Leopoldo, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2014||→ América-MG (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 May 2011
Darley was born in Pedro Leopoldo, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Atlético Mineiro (2007)
Darley started his professional career at Atlético Mineiro. At the age of 17, Darley made his debut on the highest level, playing a total of seven matches for the club from Belo Horizonte. On 13 December 2007, Darley had a successful trial period at the Dutch Eredivisie club Feyenoord. One month later, Feyenoord officially announced the arrival of the goalkeeper.
On 19 February 2008, Darley signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with Feyenoord. To slowly adapt to a new culture and lifestyle, Darley first joined the Feyenoord U19 squad for the seasons 2007–08 and 2008–09.
For the season 2009–10, Feyenoord decided not to renew first team goalkeeper Henk Timmer's contract. During pre-season, Darley had to battle with reserve goalkeeper Rob van Dijk and the returning Erwin Mulder, who came back from a season loan spell at Excelsior, for a regular place under the bar. After solid performances in the pre-season friendly wins against Sporting Clube de Portugal (1–2) and Sampdoria (3–0), Darley came out as winner. On 2 August 2009, Darley made his official Feyenoord debut in the Eredivisie home match against N.E.C. (2–0). Unfortunately, Darley had to be substituted during half time due to a knee injury, causing Darley to be sidelined for almost two months. Van Dijk replaced the youngster and has remained first team goalkeeper since. Darley's second appearance came on 8 November 2009 against AZ Alkmaar following Van Dijk's red card against Ajax Amsterdam the week before.
Following his persistent hip injury which restricted his first team appearances at Feyenoord, Darley was allowed to return to Brazil before his contract ended.
|Brazil||League||Copa do Brasil||South America||Total|
|2007||Atlético Mineiro||Série A||7||0||0||0||0||0||7||0|
- Statistics accurate as of last match played on 8 November 2009.
- "Darley Ramon Torres wordt Feyenoorder" [Darley Ramon Torres becomes Feyenoorder]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 23 January 2008. Retrieved 24 October 2009.
- "Feyenoord test 17-jarige Braziliaanse doelman" [Feyenoord tests 17-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper]. FeyenoordTime (in Dutch). 13 December 2007. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2009.
- "Darley Ramon Torres tekent contract" [Darley Ramon Torres signs contract]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 19 February 2008. Retrieved 24 October 2009.
- "Gedreven Feyenoord verslaat topclub Sporting" [Driven Feyenoord beats top club Sporting]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 18 July 2009. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2009.
- "Feyenoord overtuigt bij laatste test" [Feyenoord convinces at final test]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 26 July 2009. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2009.
- "Wisselvallig Feyenoord opent competitie met zege" [Fickle Feyenoord opens league with victory]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 2 August 2009. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Darley Ramon Torres.|